Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Import from US

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Amerika

Jan 5, 2020
DC
Hello, I live in the US and bought a Model 3 one year ago. I will move back to The Netherlands in a year and would like to take my Tesla. I know there are challenges with charging and software. But does anyone have experience with this? Or good tips? Thank you!

You will probably have to visit a Tesla SC there to get the sim card switched out because I doubt the sim card thats in the car now will work there. You may also want to see if it's possible to get your charge port replaced since I'm pretty sure they use a different plug from us, or you can use an adapter if they have one (If you plan on using superchargers that is).

Hello, I live in the US and bought a Model 3 one year ago. I will move back to The Netherlands in a year and would like to take my Tesla. I know there are challenges with charging and software. But does anyone have experience with this? Or good tips? Thank you!
The advice you have been given so far in this thread is good, but I strongly recommend you contact the relevant authorities in The Netherlands to get a clear answer to your question. I think the likely charging incompatibility may be one of only a number of reasons why importing your US Model 3 to that country will not be allowed. But I could be wrong...