Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Important Issue: No more accommodation sales

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just informed from Tesla Sales of their new policy not to process accommodation sales anymore.

That creates about a $10k lost for me as I’m selling my 2016 Model X for a 2019 Model X and won’t be able to deduct the Quebec sale tax against my new purchase.

In other words, I have to pay an extra $10k that only benefits the Quebec Government.

I don’t understand that decision from tesla which could become an IMPORTANT issue for them in my opinion as Tesla customers won’t want to buy a new Tesla.

Anyone has more information?!?

I was just informed from Tesla Sales of their new policy not to process accommodation sales anymore.

That creates about a $10k lost for me as I’m selling my 2016 Model X for a 2019 Model X and won’t be able to deduct the Quebec sale tax against my new purchase.

In other words, I have to pay an extra $10k that only benefits the Quebec Government.

I don’t understand that decision from tesla which could become an IMPORTANT issue for them in my opinion as Tesla customers won’t want to buy a new Tesla.

Anyone has more information?!?

I just wanted to order a Model Y and was told that they will not do an accommodation sale. The sales person who sold me my Model 3 said that I should ask Tesla for a quote but that it would be considerably less. If I accept this then they will apply the amount to reduce the sales tax. However they will sell my trade in for a 10K profit which should have been mine.

Do the math. See what you would get from Tesla and what you would get privately and see which price is better. I did and its better to see it privately.

I'm wondering, if you do the selling of your car at the SAAQ and have the final transaction for your new Tesla at the same time you should be able to get the tax break.

Either they want to be the only ones selling Tesla or they want to take advantage of us to make a bigger profit at our expense.

Telsa's accommodation sales policy is costing their most loyal repeat customers via this unnecessary incremental 15.5% sales tax on their trade-in vehicles by this rigid, inflexible position. Tesla's policy simply disregards Quebec sales tax norms, which every other car dealer in the province respects.

Tesla’s continued inaction in this matter is costing customers tens of thousands in needless sales taxes.

This may not be a problem for Tesla however this is a major customer satisfaction irritant and equity issue for their devoted patrons.