Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Important Sentry Mode Caution

M3noob

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2019
Beyond the pale
I park my Model 3 in a garage. Yeah, I know. Weird.

For my fellow weirdos, be careful if you have a clock on the wall within sight of the car.

You will get a Sentry Mode alert every frickin' minute when the minute hand moves.

There is an option to disable Sentry Mode when at home - but some update or other unticked it.

The best way to remove 6000 alerts is to remove the TeslaCam directory and then make a new one.

This is empirical data ;)

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
People take the pee because I made a bathroom wall clock from mosaic tiles I had left over
But a garage clock... o_O

Yachtsman

Sep 5, 2020
Staffordshire
I park my Model 3 in a garage. Yeah, I know. Weird.

For my fellow weirdos, be careful if you have a clock on the wall within sight of the car.

You will get a Sentry Mode alert every frickin' minute when the minute hand moves.

There is an option to disable Sentry Mode when at home - but some update or other unticked it.

The best way to remove 6000 alerts is to remove the TeslaCam directory and then make a new one.
This is empirical data ;)

Mines always parked in the garage (in between use of course) for the past 35 years, mind you the misses has been parked on the drive since we moved into this house since we only have one garage, but previously garaged with mine.
So what's weird about that?

rEV gadget

Jan 14, 2020
Macclesfield, UK
Mine parked in garage too, mind you it’s a double garage with a single door. Weird but means I can get out! As it’s in the garage I don’t bother with sentry, locked door seems secure enough to me.

M3noob

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2019
Beyond the pale
And mine lives in the garage too. It's a tight fit and I have to use Summon to move it in and out. Works a treat (usually).

Given the other stuff in mine, I'm surprised that I don't need to grease the car's doors. With a workbench in front I have about 150mm clearance of the rear bumper to the door.

Just scared to use summon

Spacep0d

Apr 20, 2019
Wildomar, CA
Whoa this is interesting because we have a Dodgers wall clock (with a ticking second hand) for sentimental reasons. It belonged to my girlfriend's recently-departed mother and it's within sight of her Tesla. Good thing is we both keep Sentry off at home whilst the cars are garaged.

Thanks for the helpful tip!

VanillaAir_UK

Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
With the rumoured upcoming sentry remote view feature, you wouldn't need any other time piece - just view the garage clock remotely whenever you want to tell the time :oops:

• Funny
Reactions: M3noob

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC