Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Important Threshold Crossed Last Night ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And I'm not sure how I feel about it. My wife's car is in the shop, so she borrows the Model S to go out to a play. For the 7 months I've owned the car, she's been somewhat intimidated by the size, cost, and just "differentness" of the car. She's only driven it 2 or 3 times. She gets home last night and says, " You know, that's a pretty cool car, you just walk away! I like it now!".

This could be trouble. Also, her car's in the shop because she hit a deer.

The first important fact you need to accept is it is no longer 'your Model S'. Once you acknowledge that, it will be easier to think through your options and either order that P85+ you've had your eye on, put a reservation in for an X, or pick up a CPO Roadster.

Let us know what you decide!

Hmmm… Maybe I should have a talk with my son. "Mom needs a Model X now. Start crossing those private universities off your list." Long range plan was to replace our Plug in Prius (the deer-damaged car) with Gen III Tesla. We'll have to see how hard the Tesla bug takes hold over the next few weeks.

Hmmm… Maybe I should have a talk with my son. "Mom needs a Model X now. Start crossing those private universities off your list." Long range plan was to replace our Plug in Prius (the deer-damaged car) with Gen III Tesla. We'll have to see how hard the Tesla bug takes hold over the next few weeks.

i know that feeling. we're trying hard to make the wife's 10 year old passat last until we can get a Gen 3.

i know that feeling. we're trying hard to make the wife's 10 year old passat last until we can get a Gen 3.

Just sold MY 10 year old Passat last night, which I replaced with a Model S (several months ago, just wasn't ready to let the car go until recently). Took it to Carmax. $2000.00. Going to put that into $TSLA so I can buy a next-gen roadster when it comes out!!

LOL. I hope my wife learns to love my Model S. Right now she hates it and I haven't even gotten it yet. I am going to have to put a smoke detector in the garage because she's worried it will catch on fire and burn her LS460.

You're the first western VA owner I know of! Martinsville is considered western right? You two should get plates to the effect of 99/100 #1 and 99/100 #2

And I'm not sure how I feel about it. My wife's car is in the shop, so she borrows the Model S to go out to a play. For the 7 months I've owned the car, she's been somewhat intimidated by the size, cost, and just "differentness" of the car. She's only driven it 2 or 3 times. She gets home last night and says, " You know, that's a pretty cool car, you just walk away! I like it now!".

You are on a dangerous slippery path my friend. Once your wife likes the car you will find yourself without it. Purchased a roadster CPO for summer fun. Now it's my daily driver and my wife has the Model S. Beware...

That said, I enjoy the roadster so much I couldn't be happier!

Couldn't hit a deer in a safer car than a Model S