Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Importing Model S USA to Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About to purchase a model s in the US. Anyone recently import a tesla?
I know the process, its pretty well laid out on riv.ca but I'm wondering if anyone ran into any snags they were not aware of?
Did you pay HST at the border and then didn't have to pay anything at service Ontario?
Any feedback from someone that has done it recently would be welcome.
Thanks

About to purchase a model s in the US. Anyone recently import a tesla?
I know the process, its pretty well laid out on riv.ca but I'm wondering if anyone ran into any snags they were not aware of?
Did you pay HST at the border and then didn't have to pay anything at service Ontario?
Any feedback from someone that has done it recently would be welcome.
Thanks
Wondering if you managed to import your model S?

Thanks

Wondering if you managed to import your model S?

Thanks

Yes, had it shipped door to door and used a broker because the state I was buying from didn't issue temp plates so I had no legal way to drive it back.
If you can drive it back yourself I still recommend a broker, only about $220 and makes it completely stress free.
Vin lookup for recalls is on tesla website so also don't need a letter.

For the savings to be had compared to what they are selling for in Canada I highly recommend buying in the states!

Yes, had it shipped door to door and used a broker because the state I was buying from didn't issue temp plates so I had no legal way to drive it back.
If you can drive it back yourself I still recommend a broker, only about $220 and makes it completely stress free.
Vin lookup for recalls is on tesla website so also don't need a letter.

For the savings to be had compared to what they are selling for in Canada I highly recommend buying in the states!
Does the warranty still valid in Canada?

What broker did you use? Would you recommend them? I'm looking that importing a Model S myself
PENINSULA CUSTOM BROKERS LTD.
Peninsula Custom Brokers - Fort Erie, ON
90 ARCHANGE ST FORT ERIE ON L2A 3L1
Phone: +19058715922
Fax: +19058714444

They were super awesome, would use them again.

Does the warranty still valid in Canada?
Yes it is valid

Reactions: spurs10
PENINSULA CUSTOM BROKERS LTD.
Peninsula Custom Brokers - Fort Erie, ON
90 ARCHANGE ST FORT ERIE ON L2A 3L1
Phone: +19058715922
Fax: +19058714444

They were super awesome, would use them again.

Yes it is valid
Would you mind sharing where would you start looking for car from? FB marketplace or dealership? Did you look at the car before buying and what saving are we looking at? Thanks

It was very worth it last July but market has changed significantly so might not be anymore?
I searched all the car sites like cars.com auto trader etc for the exact spec I was looking for and a price below avg mrkt. Found one at a MB dealership, must have been a trade in

It was very worth it last July but market has changed significantly so might not be anymore?
I searched all the car sites like cars.com auto trader etc for the exact spec I was looking for and a price below avg mrkt. Found one at a MB dealership, must have been a trade in
Were there any modifications needed to be made to the vehicle? Daylight saving time, MPH to KM, etc.?