TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Impossible Alternative Energy Ideas

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by komokoro, Dec 15, 2012.

1. komokoro

komokoro New Member

#1 komokoro, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    -

I do not own a Model S. But I would I like to share this video on YouTube.

I haven't tested it myself but I do know that strong magnets can repel each other with great force and the mechanical energy can be harness. The Earth itself is a giant Tesla Motor.

Here's a sample of an infinite magnet motor

Here's a sample of an inventor's magnet motor that consume little electricity to produce 24Kwh of electricity.

Anyway just saying that if Tesla Motors will include a Magnet Motor Electric Generator for every Tesla electric car that would be awesome :love:

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

This is a perpetual motion machine, and incompatible with the fundamental laws of physics, i.e. a scam. Violates basic thermodynamics.

3. Babylonfive

Babylonfive Power12

I don't think this kind of bunkum belongs here.

4. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

Not disagreeing with you, nor agreeing.

But could you be more specific?

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

This scam implies that you can use magnets to turn a small amount of energy into a big amount of energy. It's simply not possible. Electromagnetic theory. Law of conservation of energy and mass. Basic thermodynamics. It violates all of these. You can't get something from nothing.

Personally I don't think this post even belongs on the forum, but another moderator moved it here to Off Topic.

Oh and by the way, I can tell you how it was faked. All it would take is magnetic coils under the table; you cycle them like you would in an electric motor, and the permanent magnets on the rotor would follow. So his "disassembly" thing is just a ruse.

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

There is no sure thing as 'free energy'. Anything that promises to produce infinite energy indefinitely is by definition a perpetual motion machine and not even remotely possible from what I understand at least but we have engineers and scientists here which more knowledge on the subject.

7. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

I agree. This has really nothing to do with the Tesla company (athough I am a big violator of off-topic posting).

Can any of the mods shut this down, or remove the thread, please?

8. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I confess. Doug_G prefers just to remove it. I thought there should be a place where we can land this stuff in Off-Topic where we can just group it all together and move on.

That way if someone who normally we'd welcome on the forum feels strongly, but is sure that some other method will work ... well we can land it in one place and corral it. And if people don't respond, it quickly becomes buried into old posts.

I'm fine with removing it, but feel that we should really reserve that for 1) spamming, 2) people unacceptably rude to other forum members (worse than snippiness), or 3) trolls that have just gone over the top and are clearly just here to cause trouble.

9. spleen

spleen Active Member

Agree with Bonnie - doesn't meet criteria for removal. Just keep it contained in Off Topic. :)

10. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

As long a perpetual motion posts are only in one thread, I guess leaving it is fine.

11. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The only free energy is if your rich uncle Bob purchases your solar panels.