Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Impossible to Remove Stain/Mark on White Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Works great to protect from stains
Ah, all these “miracle” stain resistant applications don’t really work. When the car was brand new, I put two coats of ceramic Gyeon Leather Shield. Couldn’t prevent this stain.
58D3F349-E68B-4760-AB96-F994E29D3913.jpeg

Well …. Not defending the leather shield, but tesla seats are not leather.
Those things also need to be reapplied like every 4-6 months for maximum protection. Any abrasion will wear that stuff off pretty quickly, much faster than if just used as passive protection (like if I sat for months and then you spilled coffee on it or something). I usually clean them about every 60-90 days and have had fantastic luck. I’ll quickly apply the ceramic again every six month, very quickly in like 15 minutes.

Those things also need to be reapplied like every 4-6 months for maximum protection. Any abrasion will wear that stuff off pretty quickly, much faster than if just used as passive protection (like if I sat for months and then you spilled coffee on it or something). I usually clean them about every 60-90 days and have had fantastic luck. I’ll quickly apply the ceramic again every six month, very quickly in like 15 minutes.
They’re not cheap either. A small vial of Gyeon costs $60. So you’re spending $60 every 4-6 months.

For the biggest dye transfer area (basically the seat bottom where sweaty butt meets leather) I put a cheapo white seat cushion. Has worked wonders. I can tell that the leather seat bottom that I never touch is pristine white compared to the seat back. Only problem is, I’m suddenly an inch taller with less headroom.

About 8 months 2 kids, we are still lucky. Lol. I been using soap and Costco microfiber and some hard scrubbing.

Tesla now sells their own Tesla-branded seat cleaner: Tesla Super Seat Cleaner
It's very expensive at $24 per 18 oz spray bottle, and is currently only sold on Amazon.

I bought a bottle to test out. Spray directly onto the seat, let the liquid sit for 2 mins (as instructed), and use an Upholstery Cleaning Brush and scrub vigorously for a few seconds. It works very well on my white seats to clean out surface marks and stains, as well as remove dried out sunscreen on the black plastics. It has a strong sour scent, like glass/window cleaner.

Would it have removed my initial stains from 2 years ago? It's hard to tell. But I will use this going forward to find its limits.

Tesla is also selling a new seat protectant: Plaid UV Protect
Allegedly:

• Superior UV Protection: Advanced formula with powerful UV blockers shields your car's interior surfaces from 98.5% of ultraviolet rays, preventing fading, cracking, and discoloration.
  • Restores & Conditions: Safeguards your car's surfaces while also restoring and conditioning them, preserving their natural shine and suppleness for a refreshed look.
Who knows what this thing actually does (if anything). As I've said before, all these interior protectants are snake oil at some level.

Just as expensive as the cleaner, but I also bought a bottle to test. This one goes on easy, and smells like coconut. Let's see if it actually does any protecting.

Reactions: CleanDemon
Tesla now sells their own Tesla-branded seat cleaner: Tesla Super Seat Cleaner
It's very expensive at $24 per 18 oz spray bottle, and is currently only sold on Amazon.

I bought a bottle to test out. Spray directly onto the seat, let the liquid sit for 2 mins (as instructed), and use an Upholstery Cleaning Brush and scrub vigorously for a few seconds. It works very well on my white seats to clean out surface marks and stains, as well as remove dried out sunscreen on the black plastics. It has a strong sour scent, like glass/window cleaner.

Would it have removed my initial stains from 2 years ago? It's hard to tell. But I will use this going forward to find its limits.

Tesla is also selling a new seat protectant: Plaid UV Protect
Allegedly:

Who knows what this thing actually does (if anything). As I've said before, all these interior protectants are snake oil at some level.

Just as expensive as the cleaner, but I also bought a bottle to test. This one goes on easy, and smells like coconut. Let's see if it actually does any protecting.
Since regular glass filters out all UVB and part of UVA and Tesla adds something to catch the rest of the UVA, I'm not sure how much good a UV protectant is for seats.