Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Impressive, or not, image recognition video from Green on twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes Tesla cause a few sighs, but sometimes I see things that just make me remember why I was taken with Tesla so much.

green on Twitter

Starting at about 20 seconds in, just to the right of the road.

Yes, pretty much perfect weather, but I recon thats impressive powers of observation and recognition. And apparently thats old hardware.

oh yes, the train, well, its hardly going to be a problem for the car, sigh... sometimes Tesla struggles with the obvious stuff, and does so well on the tricky stuff.

Reactions: Cherub77
I'll be impressed when it can detect a bunch of scenarios it hasn't been trained on. Such as:
1. A partially occluded child darting out from various places.
2. What will it do when a ball rolls onto the road from a park?
3. How is it going to handle road debris? When will it handle potholes?

I'll be impressed when it can detect a bunch of scenarios it hasn't been trained on. Such as:
1. A partially occluded child darting out from various places.
2. What will it do when a ball rolls onto the road from a park?
3. How is it going to handle road debris? When will it handle potholes?

Yep - it's a very long tail to the necessary machine learning.

Reactions: DanCar
Since the v10 traffic cone update, I find the traffic cone detection a neat party trick. It seems to spot each cone with precision and at a distance and displays them in colour in an otherwise grey display area. I keep thinking that, when the “feature complete” software version rolls out, the grey display area is going to suddenly burst into colour and show that it has been “seeing” quite a lot but not indicating it on the display. Wishful thinking I know...