Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Improve your Model 3 Phone Dock!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ours came on Tuesday, and my wife can finally dock her phone! We have the same phone, OnePlus 6T, but she uses the Tech21 EvoCheck case which is a little larger than the inbox case that came with my McLaren edition. The only thing I'd change would be to add a little notch for the cables, aligned with where the cables snap in on the remaining part of the factory dock. It would make installation even easier.

Reactions: skyline
Ours came on Tuesday, and my wife can finally dock her phone! We have the same phone, OnePlus 6T, but she uses the Tech21 EvoCheck case which is a little larger than the inbox case that came with my McLaren edition. The only thing I'd change would be to add a little notch for the cables, aligned with where the cables snap in on the remaining part of the factory dock. It would make installation even easier.
This is awesome feedback! Shoot us an email at info@helloskyline and perhaps we can work together to resolve this issue. We really enjoy working with Tesla enthusiasts and the TMC community.

Reactions: untilcomplete
Hello TMC community,

We are Skyline, and we create accessories for the Tesla Model S, X and 3! We have had our Model 3 for a few months now, and overall we are loving the car! So far, we have noticed a few areas that could use improvement, and we have been hard at work developing solutions for the community.

We love that Tesla included the dual phone charging dock in the center console. However, one of the first things we noticed when getting our Model 3 was that most phones do not fit in the dock when you have a case on! Like most people, we keep a case on our phones, and we certainly did not want to remove it every time we want to use the charger. This was also true for the Model S/X phone dock, which is why we created the Skyline Case-friendly phone dock last year for Model S/X cars - and feedback from the community has been great!

We have developed a dock adapter for the Model 3 phone charger that works with cases, so you can get the most of your premium center console! This dock adapter installs between the trim cover and the original dock, and requires no tools or modifications. It provides much more space for thicker phone cases, and it also raises the connectors by a few millimeters.

Check out the video to see it in action!

Model_3_2_540x.jpg

Model_3_4_540x.jpg

Comparison_w_text_arrow_1080x.png

Printed_Part_and_Cables_1080x.jpg

Order now: Skyline Model 3 Dock Adapter

For those who want to stay up to date on all our engineered solutions please subscribe to our mailing list as we work to offer new products including more soon to be released Model 3 accessories! Tesla Accessories | Skyline Products

Follow us on social media! We're posting some cool stuff on product development & testing, and will be reaching out to email subscribers and followers for feedback and beta testing as needed!

Follow us on Facebook or Instagram here:
Skyline (@theskylineproducts) • Instagram photos and videos
Skyline

Follow us on Twitter here:
Skyline (@skylineproducts) | Twitter
I just went to order another one, and noticed the price is now an even more ridiculous $49.99 for black or $55.99 for white. This is outrageous for a $0.50 piece of plastic. I had a hard time shelling out $39.99 for it a month ago, but to now have to pay even more makes me sick. I’m probably just going to order one on amazon for $13.