TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Improved efficiency?

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by larmor, Jul 13, 2017.

1. larmor

larmor Active Member

Got 17.26.17 several weeks ago. I am pretty good about noting my energy usage, and drive alot, about 2k miles per month, with a alot of AP1 usage. In range and regular mode, it appears my efficiency has improved. For example, over 19k miles my avg energy usage as 355 wh/mi and now at 20k miles is 352 wh/mi (which is a huge change since the majority has been averaging to 355). I have noticed regular driving yielding ranges of 300-340 wh/mi once the car has been driven a few miles...

Anyone have more rigorous data?

2. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Odd you should mention this. Yesterday I took a 250 mi round trip. Mostly flat no significant wind. I was doing about 325 on the way out and 315 on the way back until I got to a big hill near my destination. I have not seen that for a long while.

The car does improve a bit over time from new and not sure where your tire pressure are. With some heat it could make them firmer and hence a bit more efficient.

• Informative x 1