Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Improved regen brake in cold temp after recent update

jerryfan2000

Mar 14, 2019
Toronto
I noticed that my Mid Range M3 has more regen braking recently after last update. Today at 0'C in Toronto, I got almost full regen available. I am not sure if it is because the weather is not as cold as few weeks ago (now is 0'c in Toronto) or its some bugs in the recent update. Anybody has similar feeling after the latest update?

GtiMart

Nov 13, 2019
Quebec City, Canada
The latest software update brought along new regen and charging curves relative to temperature. You'll find good info on TeslaOwnersOnline, there's a thread about it there. In general, max regen is higher than before at low temperatures, hitting the max quicker. You're not alone.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC