Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Improved Trunk lighting - Is there demand?

would you be interested in high-quality, brighter interior plug-n-play lights?

• Yes - would buy a full set (trunk, Frunk, puddle lights and footwells)

Votes: 143 46.3%
  • Yes, would start with a few to replace the weedy lights in the trunk

Votes: 133 43.0%
  • Not sure - would wait for other reviews

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Nope, I'm good with the ones in the Model S

Votes: 13 4.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes....plenty, I'll have 1000's of the things! I'll post an order link on this thread before sending out a more general newsletter, although I rarely get notified of new posts for some reason.

The subscribed thread notifications are based on the preferences in your settings. But from what I can tell, when you change things in your settings (say from daily notifications to weekly) it only affects the threads you are subscribing to from that point on. If you wanted to change the notification frequency for a thread you had already subscribed to, you'd need to unsubscribe from that particular thread, and then resubscribe to it, so that the new settings could take effect.

So, my advice to you, assuming you want instant notifications from this thread, would be to go to your Settings/General Settings/Messaging & Notification options, and then in the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" drop down box select "Daily, using email." Then be sure to scroll all the way down the page to save the changes. Then come to this thread, and close to the top of the page, just above the first post, select the "Thread Tools" option, unsubscribe from this thread, and then resubscribe to it.

That should get you instant notifications any time someone posts to this thread.

I apologize if any of this was blatantly obvious, as I know you are a very experienced TMC user, but the part about changes not applying to threads we've already subscribed to was less than obvious to me. Once I started describing the procedure I figured I should make it as clear as possible so anyone--even those less experienced with this site than you are, Pete--would also possibly benefit from it.

Thanks again for all you do!

Thanks, I think I was set up correctly, but I toggled the settings just in case. I have a lot of subscribed threads (500+), but most of those are dormant, maybe that's why things are not as reliable as they should be.

This is what it was set to as the default:

2015-10-03_11-40-01.png

Thanks, I think I was set up correctly, but I toggled the settings just in case. I have a lot of subscribed threads (500+), but most of those are dormant, maybe that's why things are not as reliable as they should be.

This is what it was set to as the default:

View attachment 96570

It'll be interesting to see if the toggling helps or not. I hope for your sake it does.

If it doesn't, you could try unsubscribing from a bunch of the dormant threads, if they don't mean all that much to you (if someone were to post to them again.) If staying subscribed to even the dormant ones is important to you, you could, conceivably, change your notification default settings to something like weekly, unsubscribe and then resubscribe to all the old ones one by one, and then set the default notification back to instant. This would, of course, be considerably more time consuming than just unsubscribing from the old ones, but it would still allow you to use the Quick Links to see new posts in your subscribed threads.

Sorry do not mean to steal the thread and I am realy interested in the A.O leds.
The D cars it is the best solution for the Frunk.

Everything you posted after the above --WAS-- trying to steal potential business from Pete with a directly competitive product.

I think you should feel free to start your own thread discussing the product you'd like to bring to market, but I don't think it's appropriate for you to do it in a thread filled with people interested in Pete's product.

Just my opinion, of course.,

Everything you posted after the above --WAS-- trying to steal potential business from Pete with a directly competitive product.

I think you should feel free to start your own thread discussing the product you'd like to bring to market, but I don't think it's appropriate for you to do it in a thread filled with people interested in Pete's product.

Just my opinion, of course.,

I read through my post and added the text because it did not turn out like it was intended.

I have removed my post, since it was not right in this thread.

I am a large supporter of Petes project, and checking his shop regularly to see if he have them in stock.

Have done some testing with the 5630 lights myself and they have a tendency to give spotlight effect, if used with few bulbs in closed dark space.

A tip is to try go make some with as many 3528 or 5050 to disperse the light as much as possible, and warm white for the interior lighting.

The interior is looking better with warm light around 2-3 times as powerful as the original Tesla lights, brighter just do not feel right.

The Trunk and Frunk need to be white to cool white, since the black carpet steals light and makes a warm white light to dark.

Information the original leds from Tesla is 0,2W.

sigurdi

Last edited: