Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Improving brake pedal feel - MPP brace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting! That would definitely affect the pedal feel if all Model 3s have that much movement ... and brake feel is certainly one of the weaker aspects of the car. Makes me wonder if the new refresh has addressed the issue.

Have you been able to confirm that RHD cars have a similar weak mounting and same movement occurring?

I've tested this myself and there is movement there. I'm not convinced a 3D printed brace, (if made from polymer) would be strong enough and the RHD market may be too small for MPP to bother with. They said they are looking at it, but I doubt it's a priority.

The other aspect of this is how much difference it really makes to the feel. There are other areas to look at before this, such as whether the brakes are properly bedded and whether the system need bleeding.

But yes, it does flex on RHD cars and in an ideal world it's not what you want.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
I've tested this myself and there is movement there. I'm not convinced a 3D printed brace, (if made from polymer) would be strong enough and the RHD market may be too small for MPP to bother with. They said they are looking at it, but I doubt it's a priority.

The other aspect of this is how much difference it really makes to the feel. There are other areas to look at before this, such as whether the brakes are properly bedded and whether the system need bleeding.

But yes, it does flex on RHD cars and in an ideal world it's not what you want.

If it's printed in plastic, forget it. It will flex far too much to stiffen the master cylinder mounting in any useful way. It may work if printed in metal but that would cost many £100's

Reactions: Adopado