Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In 2 Years "Summon" Will Drive Model S WHEREVER YOU ARE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, we can agree to disagree. I think starting a rocket company from scratch and in a few years reliably launching satellites into space, then taking cargo to the ISS, and then landing a used first stage right on target after just a few tries is a mind-boggling accomplishment that 15 years ago no one would have thought possible except for Musk (and he figured SpaceX would probably fail).
Creating a highly reliable autonomous car is way easier. Google has done it already. That's just a fact. Tesla will have it in a few years, and probably other car companies will as well.
+1

But, SpaceX is a different monster that's fueled by government/nasa contracts, whereas Tesla requires a constant flow of cash from customers. They'll continue to release updates an new iterations of the S/X/eventually model 3 along the way.

tumblr_o0uej6uKEj1uao3xco1_1280.gif

Well, we can agree to disagree. I think starting a rocket company from scratch and in a few years reliably launching satellites into space, then taking cargo to the ISS, and then landing a used first stage right on target after just a few tries is a mind-boggling accomplishment that 15 years ago no one would have thought possible except for Musk (and he figured SpaceX would probably fail).
Creating a highly reliable autonomous car is way easier. Google has done it already. That's just a fact. Tesla will have it in a few years, and probably other car companies will as well.

100% agree. Self driving Google car has been done. It's safer than drivers. And it's MUCH easier than EVERYTHING that goes into blasting off a rocket, having it deliver a payload in space,then having it land EXACTLY how it took off for re-use. Now if the price of Tesla batteries drop in the next incarnate, and the mileage and 60mph times and quarters match what's advertised, that would be swell. Oh yea, and an interior with neatoh lighting and better fit and finish. But I digress... a lot!