Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In a state of shock!......"this happens often and we are frustrated at the sales team level"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't sound like you have any idea of the law or you wouldn't have made the first post, let alone the rest, regardless of the appropriateness of the content if escalation, mediation or litigation was even a remote possibility.

Lose track? I can barely get on the track in the first place.

Well you are just plain wrong. I know the law. I help write legislation. We went through escalation and your "remote possibility" became possible. They honored their deal. Tonight I have the car. I stand by my posts and have accepted their apologies from executive levels on down. As for you.....I appreciate the quote at the bottom of your post: "The man who.... Give it a try, it is accurate IMHO. You have chosen a very good quote.

Reactions: mmd
Excellent. Once a deposit is taken, IMO, that should be the expectation. Glad Tesla came through. Bummer that it was an ordeal for you. Hope you can enjoy the vehicle after the drama fades.

Thanks for the nice words. The drama is fading fast. I get into much more drama in the political arena! My original post pointed out how sad I felt. But it made me think about possibly being TOO emotionally attached to a material object. Tesla owners are fiercely, passionately loyal and attached to this car. (Me!) There probably should be a line we each draw on material possessions. Now, having said that..yes...in reference to your last thought....I enjoy the vehicle.....darn it ... I LOVE IT! Thanks for your thoughts.

OP:

You should follow up and find out if the employee who first agreed to the deal was fired for being sucker punched.
And clearly you and I live in different worlds: I don't threaten those I love with lawyers.

1. At no time during escalation did I threaten with lawyers - fact. 2. I know many posts...including mine....speculated on legal status. They are just posts. 3. I specifically addressed the issue of the "employee the manager was throwing under the bus" and was assured his job was not in jeopardy (assured by an executive), and in fact he should be commended as HE did not approve the deal in a careless manner...he spent much time in communication with the "pricing team" (as they called it). His actions were commendable. (as were others who I am making sure executive management is aware of as "heros". There were many.) There were also many "new" horrible (IMHO) processes that need immediate attention. We do NOT live in different worlds .... you are correct with your "I don't...." and I did not either. All discussions at the executive level were very friendly and agreeable. No threats of any kind.

Last edited:
I'm glad that you and Tesla worked it out and that clearer heads prevailed.

May I suggest you post a picture (kind of mandatory in these parts), and then ask an moderator to lock the thread and put this to bed?

I'm sure we can find a different topic to beat to death :/

Reactions: Fiddler
I answer questions that are appropriate and that will not jeopardize my case either in escalation/mediation or in a breach of contract suit. I know the law.

1. At no time during escalation did I threaten with lawyers

If litigation was not in issue then there was no need not to answer questions that you felt were inappropriate because they may "jeopardize my... breach of contract suit".

Well you are just plain wrong. I know the law. I help write legislation.

We will respectfully agree to disagree. I have been practicing law for over 25 years. There is absolutely no issue that the best advice to a client is not to speak publicly about any matter for which there is even a remote possibility of litigation. That is because whatever is stated becomes subject to cross-examination. Writing legislation has nothing to do with this issue so it's odd that you would bring that up. There is no legislation that prohibits public statements from being subject to cross-examination, unless of course it is secretly recorded, or breaches other privacy legislation, which has no application to our discussion.

I am glad your issue was resolved to your satisfaction.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ABC2D
May I suggest you post a picture (kind of mandatory in these parts), and then ask an moderator to lock the thread and put this to bed?

Personally, I'm surprised anyone thinks that this actually happened or that it happened in the way that @Mobster described. The combination of hyperbole (dozens of emails, executive intervention, a single person running a giant delivery facility, etc) combined with the refusal to provide any scrap of actual detail (VIN, MVPA, prices, names, locations, etc) combined with how out of character the original accusations were relative to observed behavior at Tesla led me to believe very little of the story.

Personally, I'm surprised anyone thinks that this actually happened or that it happened in the way that @Mobster described. The combination of hyperbole (dozens of emails, executive intervention, a single person running a giant delivery facility, etc) combined with the refusal to provide any scrap of actual detail (VIN, MVPA, prices, names, locations, etc) combined with how out of character the original accusations were relative to observed behavior at Tesla led me to believe very little of the story.

I'd be interested in hearing your theory for the motivation of a 3 year forum member making up this story.

• Helpful
Reactions: Fiddler
I'd be interested in hearing your theory for the motivation of a 3 year forum member making up this story.

The simplest explanation would be that the details of the incident were greatly exaggerated in order to create a more compelling story for this forum. I can understand that, people probably wouldn't have been excited about a thread called "Misunderstanding with my salesman, but it will probably work out".

And by the way, it was a fantastic story. Recorded phone calls! Thousands of dollars! Double crosses! I felt like I was reading the script for a soap opera.

Doing my proper due diligence and looking back at some of Mobster's other posts he does have a flair for the dramatic but I don't think he made up the facts of the situation. I can see how having the price jacked up $15K over the agreed selling price might get one a tad excited.

If litigation was not in issue then there was no need not to answer questions that you felt were inappropriate because they may "jeopardize my... breach of contract suit".

We will respectfully agree to disagree. I have been practicing law for over 25 years. There is absolutely no issue that the best advice to a client is not to speak publicly about any matter for which there is even a remote possibility of litigation. That is because whatever is stated becomes subject to cross-examination. Writing legislation has nothing to do with this issue so it's odd that you would bring that up. There is no legislation that prohibits public statements from being subject to cross-examination, unless of course it is secretly recorded, or breaches other privacy legislation, which has no application to our discussion.

I am glad your issue was resolved to your satisfaction.

We do disagree. You WERE wrong in your statement that implied there was no way I was going to get resolution. I got it. And in my state Lobbyists practice law legally within their areas of legislative activity. My speciality is consumer law. So .... I write the law, testify before legislative committees, expert witness testimony...and much more...not sure what "dueling" experience/resumes gets us and why you want to do that - still made you wrong in your swift judgement that I had no chance....I have over 40 years experience with this stuff at the Corporate law level and now in Consulting and Lobbying. Again "dueling resumes" is nonsense. We do disagree. AND you were wrong concerning the outcome. I prevailed. We could have a "case law" duel additionally to site precedents regarding your "public statement subject to cross examination" (mostly correct but varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction) However....I have NO PROBLEM submitting anything I wrote or had agreement to record subject to deposition and cross examination. It would not happen, because, as I answered a previous poster who said "..friends don't sue the ones they love" (read my response to that) He was correct. 100% of the executive level escalation was very friendly. At no time did ANY mention of litigation come up from either side. And, although posts here delved into the matter theoretically and academically (read the posts). That is all that was. Posts mostly by others on "my legal standing". Move on. You were wrong and I think when "criticizing posts" a key criticism is to not so pompously tell someone they won't prevail. Good luck. Let's both move on.......

It is certainly your prerogative to not believe. Move on. The behavior described was accurate and the details I did not post were worse. At the executive level it was friendly, apologetic and over time driven to make things right. But I was back at the dealership today spending 3 hours on "mistakes". Great people. Overwhelmed. I have no reason to make it up or embellish. I have been criticized for almost everything on this subject including pretty snarky stuff about only posting a few times. (wow .... so many people posting in the thousands). I read more than post and learn more from the polite people who post experiences and facts about performance. The whole narrative will matter little I believe to most people here....but for those looking to buy their second or possibly third (lucky ducks!). My only original point was I felt sad that things fell apart and vented. Then I answered a few questions and those that asked for the outcome....I posted it. Again, if it did not work out I would move on...love the Tesla I had...still love Tesla on the whole as a company. But the escalation went well and the original deal was honored. Period.

• Informative
Reactions: ModelX and Fiddler
Status
Not open for further replies.