Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In a state of shock!......"this happens often and we are frustrated at the sales team level"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we're onto the ad hominem attacks? You do know you have now sunk to the lowest form of argument, right?

Ok you want to know what you said.....
Canuck said:
It doesn't sound like you have any idea of the law or you wouldn't have made the first post, let alone the rest, regardless of the appropriateness of the content if escalation, mediation or litigation was even a remote possibility.

"regardless.....escalation,mediation or litigation was even a remote possibility."

You said it. The post did not affect escalation. You were wrong and you just go on and on. "remote possibility" Not only a possibility, but escalation DID get the car. You were wrong. And you bluster about someone admitting they were wrong. Now, can YOU take a breath? End

"The thread that just will not die".

Kill it! Kill it!

It's alive!

Must....resist....urge....to....post.....more....can't....resist. Arrrggghhh...

Even funnier is must....click ..... on ......thread. But you are right Mr.Tax.

You are right. It is dead.......... with a post mortem of a thanks to the very nice people who either here or in personal messages directly on this forum expressed that they were happy it worked out for me and the deal was honored proving again Tesla will do the right thing. Now for those that actually own Tesla's I propose we break from writing thousands of opinions (I know I am a slacker with only a few in comparasion to the big guns) and go out in ANY kind of weather to do some driving!

Reactions: bonnie
I don't follow, are you apologizing and agreeing that Canuck was right?

Max -

Ok...even though we thought this was dead I will answer your question as I have posted above. Canuk had an opinion which lead to a long arguement. I regret taking up so much space with such nonsense. I had forgot how this forum is so full of passion and brings out passion in others - me included I guess (I read to learn more than write opinions here so not as experienced as the people who post thousands and thousands of posts - not critical as it sounds - just impressed at the time and effort to post that much and see it on other boards too. wow.)

Canuck said:
"It doesn't sound like you don't have any idea of the law or you wouldn't have made the first post, let alone the rest, regardless of the appropriateness of the content if escalation, mediation or litigation was even a remote possibility."

Implying that I did not have a "remote possibility" was dismissive and of course the slam about the law came at a time I was, in fact involved in complicated, yet friendly very high level escalation with Tesla.

Short answer to your question Max: No Canuk was wrong, particularly concerning escalation with the extreme "remote possibility" negative opinion. Wrong that my posts had any effect either way in the result.

Tesla executives apologized and honored the original deal and deposit. I picked up the car Wednesday. I respect Canuck's right to opinion. IMHO if the statement was "legal advice" as discussed...it was poor. He says he has legal experience and there is no reason not to believe that. I too have a myriad of legal experience even though the posts here speculated quite a bit on "legal" standing, from the very first contact with Tesla executives it was clear they would make it right and in no way was any litigation ever even a thought between Tesla and myself - very friendly exchanges with executives. (the real parties involved outside the speculative nature of social media posts.)

I only posted that I was sad and shocked originally. I made a mistake by making a joke about asking for Elon's email. I have his contact information and he helped. I was never asking for a mob to storm Tesla on my behalf...... or to tear me apart.

I pass appreciation to all who just said "Congratulations on resolving this and enjoy your new car." either in a post or through personal message on this forum. No, Canuk was wrong. I respect his right to his opinion. As others had said....this thread should die...and we move on. I am excited about heading out now to drive my new Blue P100D Ludicrous (I just found L+ and it provides even MORE speed!) Enhanced Autopilot. Those who call me a liar or disagree with specifics....as said before we agree to disagree. I do not need them and they certainly do not need me. I thank the people who encouraged. End of thread hopefully.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Why do you care how other people spend their time? Why are you so insecure and judgmental about OTHER peoples post counts?

You brought it up about half a dozen times in this thread so far.
I think it was passive-aggressiveness directed at the one-on-one with @Canuck. However, obviously it strikes home to a lot of us with numerous posts, and it certainly came off as pejorative.

I'll say this about that particular point. All posts are not opinion. There is a lot to be learned here; OP admits he reads it frequently for information gathering reasons. There is a lot to be shared as well. I personally have a lot of posts that I've written which required extensive research, time, and effort. I am hopeful that they are helpful to members here now or in the future, but they also helped me organize my information gathering. Sometimes writing a post here or on another forum is like writing an article for publication. In writing, you learn more about the topic than you would have if you just mentally think through it.

I have also found that when I am positing an opinion, the act of writing out and formulating my opinion can either end up in my refuting myself and learning a bit about the weakness of that position, or in a better structured argument supporting the position. This is an extremely valuable exercise for anyone who interacts with people face to face or online. My ability to back down from positions has improved since I've participated here. As a whole, I have found that I'm a better conversationalist offline because of my participation online.

This is not to say that some posts aren't just time-killing. They most certainly are. But when summed up, I believe that it's possible to make participation in a smart, passionate online community an investment in yourself and others, not just a waste of time.

I think it was passive-aggressiveness directed at the one-on-one with @Canuck. However, obviously it strikes home to a lot of us with numerous posts, and it certainly came off as pejorative.

I'll say this about that particular point. All posts are not opinion. There is a lot to be learned here; .

Exactly. I have NOT been away for three years. I have been here learning from people like you. I try to avoid the people involved in dog fights. You are very very correct. Not all posts are opinion. I stand corrected on that when I think back to the number of posts that caused me to run out to my first Tesla and "try" something that was genius. I still am impressed by people who can post thousands and thousands of "items". You are so correct on the wisdom here. I try to listen more than talk (read more than chime in). Sometimes I fail. Sigh....

Confession time: I do like to stir the pot (no surprise there, right?). Hopefully, I make things more interesting around here. At the same time, I always post what, in my opinion, is correct, but I've been wrong before (once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken). For me, there's never any hard feelings. If we all agreed, what a boring world it would be.

@Mobster I enjoyed my debate with you. I hope you did too. This is not about winning or losing. It's all about the debate.

I am also sincerely glad that you got the resolution you were looking for.

Last edited:

I'm going to guess your post count / day has increased substantially since becoming a moderator. That's what happened to me. Now I take long breaks and when I do come back, I don't have to wade into the middle of kerfuffles.

Status
Not open for further replies.