Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In Autopilot Driver Input not recognized

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,
Any help appreciated - While on autopilot after 15 to 20 miles driver inputs not recognized and the warning for input stays on. No combination works but to take it off AP and re engage. I have a service appointment tomorrow, however SC tech sent a message that a specific date and time this occurred is required. This is a random occurrence, bad news is I am 100 miles away from warranty expiring. Anybody faced this issue before and if so what was the resolution. I can take it on an extended drive to document but run the risk of going over 50K even though the service request was logged before, not sure if SC will counter that I am over 50K when I roll into service.
2017 - AP1

What input did you try? Opposing the car's attempt to turn the steering wheel is the normal method.
It has been reported that any control on the steering wheel will work. Turn either scroll wheel, push any button, blow the horn. I have not tried this myself.

What input did you try? Opposing the car's attempt to turn the steering wheel is the normal method.
It has been reported that any control on the steering wheel will work. Turn either scroll wheel, push any button, blow the horn. I have not tried this myself.
All of the above - only thing that works is enough resistance to oppose the steering wheel , that eventually gets it off AP or use the stalk to disengage AP.