Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In cabin camera use verified!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My camera is blocked by on of these at all times. Webcam Cover 0.03in Ultra Thin (3 Pack), iRush Web Camera Cover for Laptop, Desktop, PC, Macboook Pro, iMac, Mac Mini, Computer, Smartphone, Protect Your Privacy and Securtiy, Strong Adhensive : Amazon.ca: Electronics

Latest software and no nags. Tried it with a steering weight and no issues for over an hour. Even looked behind the seat and away many times to test to see if it would set off something, nada. Are the camera nags coming up on cars with radar or only cars with camera vision?
You're in Canada...

Actually I believe that legally they rest on the Federal Code which makes it illegal to modify any safety device that is installed to "comply with federal safety code." Since FSD is not in the code you can disable any part of that, you can be subject to reckless driving charges, but not to a violation of the safety code. In the same way there are switches to disable lane departure assist, etc.

Even if I recklessly drive drunk into a tree, insurance has to cover it. They may drop me like a hot potato AFTER the claim, but if I'm insured they have to pay, unless I intentionally steered the car into the tree and had the mental capacity to understand my action.
I take it these are out of the question now?

1625863114599.png