Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In-car Hotspot?

NotThatChewie

May 22, 2019
Florida
From all that I have read and researched, is it true that Tesla’s don’t have a hotspot connection that passengers can connect to? I realize my iPhone can be a hotspot, but in my other cars the signal was stronger due to better external antenna.

Mike_TV

Apr 29, 2020
Chicagoland
My hope is that once they start putting 5G in they'll give us the option to use it as a hotspot. I would even pay for that or make it part of the Premium Connectivity package. Would be great for the passengers and people who work in their cars to have a fast connection.

Reactions: hakunamattata

NotThatChewie

May 22, 2019
Florida
My hope is that once they start putting 5G in they'll give us the option to use it as a hotspot. I would even pay for that or make it part of the Premium Connectivity package. Would be great for the passengers and people who work in their cars to have a fast connection.
I agree. I have paid for it in all my cars that offered it and gotten so used to it being there.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC