Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In-car Purchasing Payment Source

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not really sure where on the forum to ask this question but it's user interface related so I'm asking it here. Mods, feel free to move I guess.

We got our Model 3 in December and when we were getting close to expiration of the Premium Connectivity trial I subscribed for a year using the in-car swipe across the screen option in the menu system. I assumed this would charge my credit card like when using a supercharger but apparently I was mistaken. I'm wondering if all the other in car options will also charge not the credit card on file but my bank method I use for lease payments?

It's not a big deal, except that I cover my lease payment with a down to the penny bank transfer monthly from a savings account to the on file checking account, and because it took the Premium Connectivity annual fee from that same payment method, it could've caused an issue - automatic overdraft protection kicked in and transferred the delta amount from another of our accounts though. I could however see this as being a big deal for other folks from time to time.

I am fairly sure that these are separate entries in the tesla app. Checking just now, in the tesla app, there is a "Wallet" (tap profile pic in top right, select ACCOUNT) and there is "Charging".

I dont make payments to tesla for a lease or loan, so I dont know what it uses for that but supercharging is specific to the "charging" section above. If you tap "charging", inside of there is "manage payment". Thats the payment used for supercharging.

The "wallet" is what is used for other tesla things (like ordering from the store, or premium connectivity).

I dont know why they separate it like this, but this is what it looks like to me.

I am fairly sure that these are separate entries in the tesla app. Checking just now, in the tesla app, there is a "Wallet" (tap profile pic in top right, select ACCOUNT) and there is "Charging".

I dont make payments to tesla for a lease or loan, so I dont know what it uses for that but supercharging is specific to the "charging" section above. If you tap "charging", inside of there is "manage payment". Thats the payment used for supercharging.

The "wallet" is what is used for other tesla things (like ordering from the store, or premium connectivity).

I dont know why they separate it like this, but this is what it looks like to me.
I don't agree with your wallet comment for one simple reason: mine is set to Apple Pay. So, clearly that isn't how it works.