Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In case anyone is still on the fence...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In November 2018 the scheme was changed with the EV grant being reduced from £4,500 to £3,500 and the PHEV vehicles losing their previous £2,500 grant al together. This was only made public just one month in advanced in October 2018.

We can probably expect another reduction if not a complete withdrawal of this discount in March.

Reactions: Rooster6655
It would be an if decision to cut it so soon. EVs are still a tiny fraction of new car sales. The BIK changes will help stimulate company car users, but the grant is still the best way to get private buyers to switch given current high prices of EVs.

It would be an if decision to cut it so soon. EVs are still a tiny fraction of new car sales. The BIK changes will help stimulate company car users, but the grant is still the best way to get private buyers to switch given current high prices of EVs.
The BIK changes are not actually enshrined in law yet due to the cancelation of previous budgets. It's not too late to cancel or amend them either!

I would guess that it’s almost certainly going to decrease again.

I’ve had the joy of three of these grants so far - the first one of £5000 in 2015.

By the time I got the Kona electric in 2018 it was £4500.

For the Model 3 in 2019 it was down to £3500!

Looking at the trend here, my guess would be £2500 this year, or it might disappear completely with the idea that the BIK changes will boost EV sales.

My advice would be to get your order in sooner rather than later. Don’t forget to use a Tesla referral code, DM me if you need one, for some free supercharger miles.

I would guess that it’s almost certainly going to decrease again.

I’ve had the joy of three of these grants so far - the first one of £5000 in 2015.

By the time I got the Kona electric in 2018 it was £4500.

For the Model 3 in 2019 it was down to £3500!

Looking at the trend here, my guess would be £2500 this year, or it might disappear completely with the idea that the BIK changes will boost EV sales.

My advice would be to get your order in sooner rather than later. Don’t forget to use a Tesla referral code, DM me if you need one, for some free supercharger miles.
At least you never change Roy!

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel and Roy W.

.... or ... or me sir ... please sir ... if you need a referral code ... Roy's a lovely chap, but mine's a really super code ... and there are lot's of us starving Tesla owners out here in forum land ... put our codes in a hat perhaps?

(to be honest I probably wouldn't get through 1000 Supercharger miles in 6 months so might be wasted on me!)

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.