TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

In case anyone is still on the fence...

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Bobly, Jan 6, 2020.

1. WattDaF

WattDaF Member

Anyone know if this will impact lease pricing

2. Durzel

Durzel Active Member

Bit of a clickbait headline... says it’s due to expire in March but it is also the case that it could continue unchanged.

3. mo.dilwar

mo.dilwar Member

In November 2018 the scheme was changed with the EV grant being reduced from £4,500 to £3,500 and the PHEV vehicles losing their previous £2,500 grant al together. This was only made public just one month in advanced in October 2018.

We can probably expect another reduction if not a complete withdrawal of this discount in March.

• Like x 1
  4. SimonTe

SimonTe Banned

The budget date has just been announced: 11 March.

S

• Like x 1
  5. pdk42

pdk42 Member

It would be an if decision to cut it so soon. EVs are still a tiny fraction of new car sales. The BIK changes will help stimulate company car users, but the grant is still the best way to get private buyers to switch given current high prices of EVs.

6. Jason71

Jason71 Active Member

The BIK changes are not actually enshrined in law yet due to the cancelation of previous budgets. It's not too late to cancel or amend them either!

7. Durzel

Durzel Active Member

If it does disappear then lease pricing will go up simply because it's another £3,500 that needs to be financed.

8. Roy W.

Roy W. Battery running low...

I would guess that it’s almost certainly going to decrease again.

I’ve had the joy of three of these grants so far - the first one of £5000 in 2015.

By the time I got the Kona electric in 2018 it was £4500.

For the Model 3 in 2019 it was down to £3500!

Looking at the trend here, my guess would be £2500 this year, or it might disappear completely with the idea that the BIK changes will boost EV sales.

My advice would be to get your order in sooner rather than later. Don’t forget to use a Tesla referral code, DM me if you need one, for some free supercharger miles.

• Like x 2
  9. Jason71

Jason71 Active Member

At least you never change Roy!

• Funny x 2
  10. Roy W.

Roy W. Battery running low...

I’m nothing if not predictable :)

Not that it’s got me anywhere on the referral miles front, I’m still on “pay per use”...

11. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

.... or ... or me sir ... please sir ... if you need a referral code ... Roy's a lovely chap, but mine's a really super code ... and there are lot's of us starving Tesla owners out here in forum land ... put our codes in a hat perhaps?

(to be honest I probably wouldn't get through 1000 Supercharger miles in 6 months so might be wasted on me!)

• Funny x 1