TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

In Norway alone, we expect to deliver almost 800 vehicles this year (current orders)?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Benz, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Benz

Benz Active Member

"In Norway alone, we expect to deliver almost 800 vehicles this year based on current orders."

There are more than 2,000 reservations in Norway already.

Does that mean that not all of the current reservation holders will get their cars in 2013?

2. twinklejet

twinklejet Member

Mathematically speaking, yes.

3. ebbrey

ebbrey Member

Yes, there are active users in the norwegian EV forum that are waiting for their car March/April 2014.

4. Benz

Benz Active Member

The people who had already ordered a Model S, weren't they supposed to receive their Model S in 2013?
    Didn't Elon Musk say something like that when he was at the Geneva Motor Show?

5. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

Well yes but that was in March...... there have been a lot of orders since......

6. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Yup the Geneva show was right around the time he visited Norway and there was a cocktail party at the US ambassador's mansion (I was there) where he said that if you order the car now (i.e. then) you'd have it before this year was over. They are right on track.

7. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

I think some Dutch customers have a bit more priority since a tax incentive ends 31-12-2013? So those customers want their car by the end of the year.

8. DonPedro

DonPedro Member

The 800 figure is total sandbaging. The local Tesla guy is on the record in today's media forecasting "way above 1,000". And then I think they don't fully know themselves, so even that is going to be an estimate at the low end.

9. Benz

Benz Active Member

When Elon Musk was at the Geneva Motor Show he also mentioned that about 5,000 to 7,000 Model Ses were to be delivered this year in Europe.

10. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

I think we'll be quite far away from that number considering the number of cars being delivered in total per quarter. To reach those numbers TESLA would have to produce almost exclusively for europe the rest of the year.......... or up the production to almost double.

11. Benz

Benz Active Member

I think that about 2,000 Model Ses will be delivered in Europe in 2013.

12. DonPedro

DonPedro Member

I think much more, at least twice that figure.

13. Benz

Benz Active Member

That's what I hope for as well.

But my point is that when they think that they expect to deliver almost 800 Model Ses this year in Norway (which by the way has their far greatest market share), then the total deliveries in Europe must be about 2,000.

14. DonPedro

DonPedro Member

Sure. But the 800 figure has no interest when it is so obviously wrong. As mentioned, the Oslo store manager had said that it will be "way above 1000".

15. Benz

Benz Active Member

Wrong? But it's mentioned in the Q2 2013 Shareholder Letter.

16. DonPedro

DonPedro Member

Total sandbagging. Everyone who has followed Norwegian reservations and deliveries knows this is too low, and as I mentioned even Tesla personnel are giving much higher figures.

We seem to have >2000 finalized orders in Norway, and they are still saying that you "might" get the car in 2013 if you order now.

17. Benz

Benz Active Member

OK, that's better.