Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In Production???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked again and mine currently says "Your Tesla is in production." I don't know when it changed to that. It was a lot more subtle than I was expecting when the car entered production (I thought he delivery window would tighten to a specific date range instead of "July-Early August"). I guess I will just update the spreadsheet to show that it entered production today since today is when I first noticed it.

Did your My Tesla page change to "In Production"? I ordered the day after you and my order confirmed and my VIN was issued the day after yours. So if yours entered production today, that means mine should start this week as well. I'm a little skeptical, though. I was under the impression that the factory was closed today for Independence Day.

My VIN was also available as soon as Tesla's web site indicated my order was "order confirmed".

Yes, my "My Tesla" page (man, I hate that "My xxx" silliness in web sites) did change to "in production" by today at the latest.

I may not have refreshed or looked at the page on the weekend, so it may have actually changed to "in production" BEFORE today.

As others have noted, apparently Tesla builds in batches, either based on physical similarities, or geographical delivery area, or both.

Mine is exactly the same. Mine still shows in queue. My delivery is in PA but my DS said the system shoes delivery date of July 27. This was a few days after confirmation that she gave me the date

Oh THAT is good news. My DS did not tell me July 27, but did hint that it might be "late July" rather than "August."

If you're on the eastern seaboard, and I'm in Toronto, and our cars are similarly moving through the queue, I have hope mine will show up by July 27 too.

Just checked again and mine currently says "Your Tesla is in production." I don't know when it changed to that. It was a lot more subtle than I was expecting when the car entered production (I thought he delivery window would tighten to a specific date range instead of "July-Early August"). I guess I will just update the spreadsheet to show that it entered production today since today is when I first noticed it.

I agree--was hoping once we got "in production" they would give me a firmer delivery date given that now they know most of the variables. Sigh.

My 60D order was assigned a VIN (1497xx) on 6/27. It went into production on 6/30. My delivery window has been the same since ordering: Late August-September. I'm also hoping for a revised & earlier delivery window.

Not sure if you are aware of this thread. Model S Delivery Update
I call it the "the current vintage of misery likes company" thread. LOL Thankfully, I've graduated.

But seriously, there is an xls tracker on the very first post where you can log your progress or at least see trends before you. And just about every imaginable issue, gripe or event is represented throughout the thread. Hang in there, you'll find the process imperfect but within 60 days a custom made machine will be in your driveway regardless of what emails, MyTesla or anyone else says. :D The manufacturing process has a life of its own.

My DS told me today he expects my Model S to be in my hands "the first week of August". He expects it to be physically in Toronto around August 1.

He confirmed Model Ss come from California by train to Chicago, then from Chicago to Toronto by truck.

Sigh. SOOOOOOO long to wait.

I just checked with my DS.

He confirmed that my Model S is actually FINISHED manufacturing. That seemed to imply it started production July 4 and finished July 6, which seems too fast, so we speculate that it actually went into production before July 4, and that I just didn't notice it over the weekend.

The fact that it's out of the factory now and in the hands of the shipping people is what prompted the MyTesla page to change from "Late July..." to "July 25..." delivery window.

Now I just have to wait for a train to take it from Cali to Chicago, then a truck from Chicago to Toronto. A minimum of 3 weeks to cover 4,274 km.

This is the first time I've ever wished Tesla had located in Detroit. :-(

I just checked with my DS.

He confirmed that my Model S is actually FINISHED manufacturing. That seemed to imply it started production July 4 and finished July 6, which seems too fast, so we speculate that it actually went into production before July 4, and that I just didn't notice it over the weekend.

The fact that it's out of the factory now and in the hands of the shipping people is what prompted the MyTesla page to change from "Late July..." to "July 25..." delivery window.

Now I just have to wait for a train to take it from Cali to Chicago, then a truck from Chicago to Toronto. A minimum of 3 weeks to cover 4,274 km.

This is the first time I've ever wished Tesla had located in Detroit. :-(
Most car factories make cars in hours, not days.

My sales rep said verbally that after confirming the order that it's a $500mchange fee....but that's not what the purchase agreement says and legally I have to follow what I signed/agreed to not verbal...

I haven't read the entire purchase agreement, though my take from what I saw and read during the process (just had delivery last week) was that you had one week from purchase to adjust your options. Once that week was up, your order was automatically confirmed and thereafter and until production began, there was a $500 change fee.

As others have mentioned, manually confirming earlier (what we did), bumps you up in line and signals Tesla to order/allocate the specific parts for your car, based on the options you've chosen. Granted, AP activation doesn't necessarily require additional or unique parts, but changing the build order does require time and effort from people in the factory so that's like where the change fee comes from and that's precisely the way I understood it to work.

I haven't read the entire purchase agreement, though my take from what I saw and read during the process (just had delivery last week) was that you had one week from purchase to adjust your options. Once that week was up, your order was automatically confirmed and thereafter and until production began, there was a $500 change fee.

As others have mentioned, manually confirming earlier (what we did), bumps you up in line and signals Tesla to order/allocate the specific parts for your car, based on the options you've chosen. Granted, AP activation doesn't necessarily require additional or unique parts, but changing the build order does require time and effort from people in the factory so that's like where the change fee comes from and that's precisely the way I understood it to work.

The "call to confirm" option has been taken away. Multiple people have stated everyone needs to wait the mandatory 7 days now.
I would love if someone recently ordering has other insight though. :)

I ordered last week and tried to confirm early and could but the button on the website was gone and my sales person said they were not doing that right now.

Just emailed my salesperson to get a window of when I would get VIN as i need to supply to Alliant for my rate and he also confirmed they no longer allow earlier confirmations.