Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In Production???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just heard back from my DS and he gave me the option of 2 pm or 4 pm THIS FRIDAY! There are a lot of moving parts that need to fall into place, though. My trade-in appraisal is scheduled for tomorrow morning. That appraisal has to be sent to Tesla for review, then they have to generate the MVPA and send it to Alliant. Alliant has to get the final loan docs to me for signature. And I have to make my down payment through the MyTesla page. I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row to make that happen. I was really thinking that my DS would tell me to piss off and pick up the car on Monday.

I just heard back from my DS and he gave me the option of 2 pm or 4 pm THIS FRIDAY! There are a lot of moving parts that need to fall into place, though. My trade-in appraisal is scheduled for tomorrow morning. That appraisal has to be sent to Tesla for review, then they have to generate the MVPA and send it to Alliant. Alliant has to get the final loan docs to me for signature. And I have to make my down payment through the MyTesla page. I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row to make that happen. I was really thinking that my DS would tell me to piss off and pick up the car on Monday.

I hate you.

Just kidding, I'm happy for you.

I'm whining because I have NO moving parts:

I have no trade in (I don't own a car currently), my DS has the docs from my finance company, and he told me to just bring a cheque for my down payment (not even certified). All I need is my car to get to Toronto.

But damn trains and trucks and Canadian customs or import people or whoever mean I won't get my car for a whole WEEK after you. :-(

Grrr...

I feel like you were my compatriot in this strange journey, but you will soon be gone, leaving me to wait, scared and lonely, not sure if I will be here alone forever, or if there really is a Tesla coming for me...

But congratulations!
(I hate you.)

Reactions: BrandonR22
Oh, no offense taken. I would hate you too if you were picking up a week before me. I really can't believe that we were on different trains. I don't know if nobody else bothered to track their trains, or if there were just a whole lot of East Coast shipments at the same time, but I thought that given our similar production end dates and the fact we were both heading to Chicago would put us on the same train.

My DS told me that I could bring a check too, but I'd rather just pay the down payment online. I really don't like the 2 week/500 mile requirement for their trade-in appraisals. I was trying to schedule the appraisal a couple of weeks ago, but my DS cautioned against it because it would have to be redone if we exceeded the 2 weeks. I took the earliest time slot they had available when I called last week, and it is now going to turn out to be the day before delivery (and a potential headache if there is any delay in getting the appraisal to Tesla). I have already given my contact at Alliant the heads-up that I will need a quick turnaround between the MVPA and final loan docs.

Oh, no offense taken. I would hate you too if you were picking up a week before me. I really can't believe that we were on different trains. I don't know if nobody else bothered to track their trains, or if there were just a whole lot of East Coast shipments at the same time, but I thought that given our similar production end dates and the fact we were both heading to Chicago would put us on the same train.

My DS told me that I could bring a check too, but I'd rather just pay the down payment online. I really don't like the 2 week/500 mile requirement for their trade-in appraisals. I was trying to schedule the appraisal a couple of weeks ago, but my DS cautioned against it because it would have to be redone if we exceeded the 2 weeks. I took the earliest time slot they had available when I called last week, and it is now going to turn out to be the day before delivery (and a potential headache if there is any delay in getting the appraisal to Tesla). I have already given my contact at Alliant the heads-up that I will need a quick turnaround between the MVPA and final loan docs.

Agreed. I thought our cars were on the same train too, but it appears you beat me by a few days.

It will all be irrelevant next Friday when we both have our cars though. ;-)

Enjoy yours!

It will all be irrelevant next Friday when we both have our cars though. ;-)

Enjoy yours!
Indeed...it's crazy how anxious I have been through this whole process. I don't think I have ever anticipated something this much.

I have plenty of projects that will let me spend quality time with my Tesla right after delivery. I have the AbstractOcean upgraded interior lights and license plate lights, a screen protector, and a Blackvue camera to install. The camera scares the crap out of me...having to remove trim pieces on my brand new car. But having my car dinged, keyed or otherwise vandalized without having video evidence scares me more.

I picked up my car this morning!!!! Got there 20 min early haha :)

Attachments

• IMG_3729.JPG
    IMG_3729.JPG
    318.3 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: wilheldp