Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In the face of a recession, should I buy a Y now or wait?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After you max out the I bonds I hope 😎
actually just started buying them. Still thinking about it as the required one year plus penalty less than 5 years. Not quire as liquid as I'd like, but maybe will max. I guess I could also create an account under the spouse SSN. Pondering when to buy. I can earn pennies on a savings account then buy on the last day and get the month in interest (found that surprising). Also trying to figure out if it matters whether I buy in the first, middle, or last part of the interest period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Macgyverfever
actually just started buying them. Still thinking about it as the required one year plus penalty less than 5 years. Not quire as liquid as I'd like, but maybe will max. I guess I could also create an account under the spouse SSN. Pondering when to buy. I can earn pennies on a savings account then buy on the last day and get the month in interest (found that surprising). Also trying to figure out if it matters whether I buy in the first, middle, or last part of the interest period.
Yeah I maxed my wife and I, tired of seeing pennies earned in our savings account. No expert for sure just bought when I saw the interest rate!