Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In the Market for a Model X P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, I'm in the market for a P100D MX. I've been monitoring the Tesla used inventory for a couple weeks and just noticed that 5 of the P100D's increased prices around an average of $1K today. Is this normal? I'm used to seeing them drop prices but not increase. Also, with leases continually expiring and the Model Y on the horizon, I'd expect to see a higher supply/demand ratio thus driving down prices. Any thoughts?

I've noticed several hundred, if not more, significant price increases ($500 to $2k) across the board today.

Tesla routinely raises prices on some cars, but to see this many cars increase in price in one day is, I think, unprecedented.

Hi All, I'm in the market for a P100D MX. I've been monitoring the Tesla used inventory for a couple weeks and just noticed that 5 of the P100D's increased prices around an average of $1K today. Is this normal? I'm used to seeing them drop prices but not increase. Also, with leases continually expiring and the Model Y on the horizon, I'd expect to see a higher supply/demand ratio thus driving down prices. Any thoughts?

I've also noted the spikes in the past. Price would spike up and settle back to downward trend in a day or two. Here's an example of one MX I've been tracking.

Attachments

• delete uptick.png
    delete uptick.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 105
A used P100D was what I really wanted but I didn’t want to break the bank just to get performance, so I settled for the 90D. I sure hope the degradation isn’t off the charts but the X has been my dream car since it first appeared on stage at the unveiling

3 years ago today is February 22, 2017. Just keep in mind that most leases are 3 years long, so the Model X P100D in inventory will only grow in size in the coming months as off-lease ones roll in.

Be careful of buyers remorse from pulling the trigger too soon!

3 years ago today is February 22, 2017. Just keep in mind that most leases are 3 years long, so the Model X P100D in inventory will only grow in size in the coming months as off-lease ones roll in.

Be careful of buyers remorse from pulling the trigger too soon!
I agree. That's been my rationale for being patient.

I'm starting to see a lot more coming online with FSD, which means build dates post 8/2016.

Message sent your way.