Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In the snow!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wasn't sure where this best belongs, but I just had a long drive home in the snow today. The car handled perfectly with my Michelin X-ice tires, but I think I've finally figured out the one thing an ICE is good for...melting the snow off the hood. My car was free from snow when I left, and this is what it looked like when I got home.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1388716031.656737.jpg

While I'm watching your weather on TV :eek: One thing I find I'm missing now that I have 2 EVs in the garage, parking a highway-hot 5.8l V-8 in the garage w the door closed keeps the whole place warm for hours. Only had to waste 85% of the gas it burns to achieve that "benefit". ML

Wasn't sure where this best belongs, but I just had a long drive home in the snow today. The car handled perfectly with my Michelin X-ice tires, but I think I've finally figured out the one thing an ICE is good for...melting the snow off the hood. My car was free from snow when I left, and this is what it looked like when I got home.

View attachment 39722

It's good to see the headlights give off enough heat to melt the snow. I think the fog lights are LED's so they would probably end up covered in snow.

The last time I saw pictures in the snow, was from Norway, and it only really grabbed the grill area of the car, not the whole hood. So this is a little, interesting. I assume it is half-frozen to the car, so it probably isn't easy to remove. Did you have the temperature in the cabin turned up?

The last time I saw pictures in the snow, was from Norway, and it only really grabbed the grill area of the car, not the whole hood. So this is a little, interesting. I assume it is half-frozen to the car, so it probably isn't easy to remove. Did you have the temperature in the cabin turned up?

Yeah, temp in the cabin was 74 or so. I was actually shocked when I got out of the car and saw how much snow had accumulated in the hood and grill.