Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In the thick of the early delivery issues..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ohmman

Upright Member
Global Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay/Truckee, CA
..and the acceptance of things like non-folding seats, or doors that won't close or open properly, or panels that aren't aligned or whatever. Also in anticipation for my upcoming service visit for what could easily be described as too many items, I just want to say:

Wheeeee! We're driving on electricity! Very, very quickly!

I mean, really. Anyone over the age of about 35 has to realize how incredible this is, right? I don't own a gas-powered car. A little over a decade ago, I'd have laughed if you predicted that.

I'm still going to vent about certain things that can be done better, but there's always this particular piece of very important context. The world is a better place for having these vehicles in it.

..and now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Hang in there. They'll get all the minor hardware and software issues resolved. Agree, it's just crazy that there's actually an all electric SUV you can go out and buy right now and it's price competitive with gasoline luxury SUVs (BMW X6, etc.,).

Now, please, Tesla is you're listening, give us folding/removable 2nd row seats and a 3-seat 3rd row so I can get rid of my gasoline minivan!

Reactions: David29
All these talks about the 100D or Autopilot 2.0...What about the sunshade retrofit??? Priorities guys!!!

But I have to admit, the FWD operated perfectly on my recent road trip to SF. No issues with low ceilings as the doors adjusted accordingly. Just had trouble closing it at twin peaks because of the wind so I had to override the FWD.

Did you get your loud AC fixed yet @ohmman? I still have to do that. And how is your X doing @ModelXBoy? Hopefully the replacement remains flawless. I saw a shiny red X driving around in Irvine on Friday, not sure if it was you.

Have been busy this summer but will upload some Model X videos shortly showing the Blackvue DR650S install.

..and the acceptance of things like non-folding seats, or doors that won't close or open properly, or panels that aren't aligned or whatever. Also in anticipation for my upcoming service visit for what could easily be described as too many items, I just want to say:

I mean, really. Anyone over the age of about 35 has to realize how incredible this is, right? I don't own a gas-powered car. A little over a decade ago, I'd have laughed if you predicted that.

I'm still going to vent about certain things that can be done better, but there's always this particular piece of very important context. The world is a better place for having these vehicles in it.

You are so awesome for putting this positive thought and energy out there for all of us frustrated owners. Can't wait for everything to be resolved and the minor nuicances of my X (doors stopping short, surprise messages that I need service and frozen displays) to slowly fade away and the car to consistently do what it does best. Blow people away!

ohmman: Thank you for the inspiration. :) You are right, of course, the sudden onset of the EV is both surprising and exhilarating from a mainstream perspective (but of course shouldn't be for someone following the progress more over time).

K-MTG: I must say, your postings have influenced me more than I care to admit. I was just looking at the cool Tosca Musk overhead photo of the Model S/X/3 family some time ago and the only thought I could muster was, damn, that rear seat of Model 3 is going to need some serious sunshade - and lamenting the fact that Tesla's track record with removable sunshades is not very promising. Spoiled by my Germans' integrated and automated sunshades too, I guess...

As for driving electric, for the first time I'm thinking of going all in on EV with the Model 3 reservation. Too early to call yet, but if things progress well, I think I could live with replacing the ICE(s) with a Model 3. The Model X will replace the Model S (no need for two similar/big cars), but Model 3 as second car might be ideal...

Well said. From the moment I drove our new S on December 22, 2013, it's been like living in a dream but it is reality. I like to tell people that "Owning a Tesla is like 'driving the future' but you get to do it now." It hasn't gotten old. And then I bought a Roadster 10 months later and now have not been to a gas station for over a year and a half. What a pleasure it is to wake up every morning with a "full tank" and all that required me to do was spend a few seconds plugging my car in at home. And I get to take multi-thousand mile road trips for an energy cost of...zero.

Yes Teslas are not "perfect", but they are so much better in every way compared to ICE vehicles that when I read posts that are so upset about some missing feature (no rear cup holders in the S, incorrect graphics displayed when playing songs from a USB stick, lack of seat ventilation in the S, no Supercharges yet on every major highway, etc.) I just shake my head. Look at the big picture, please, and know that every week Tesla is implementing improvements, most unseen and unpublicized, into their production cars while simultaneously planning future cars and building out the infrastructure and battery capacity to revolutionize land transport. And Tesla has only been producing cars for 8 years yet is competing successfully against huge established companies that have been making cars for a century. That blows my mind.

I mean, really. Anyone over the age of about 35 has to realize how incredible this is, right? I don't own a gas-powered car. A little over a decade ago, I'd have laughed if you predicted that

when i first experienced the ghosting issue on my x my first thought was , why? Why did u have to do a big windshield that comes with this problem? Now, i would never give u back that windshield even if it has ghosting forever. I have never felt an attachment with a car that i have with the x and its because of the details, windshield, self opening doors, falcon wings, beautiful seats i could care less if they fold, its a ridicoulus incredible car, here a picture of when we (me and him) went to keywest. Now tell me if u ever saw something cooler than this. Ah and yeah its electric and goes fast.
image.jpeg
:rolleyes:

@ohmman , I always appreciate your blend of big picture enthusiasm and objective MX assessment, not to mention your patience! Thank you.

I would never want to replace those comfy seats, pano-windshied, falcon wing doors and auto open/close front doors in the X. To be honest every time I'm driving my S I wished it has all those "gimmicks" too. Really funny how I got annoyed now that I need to shut the door manually when I sit inside the car.

Yes @electricity I definitely want those pedestal seats too.
everytime i hear someone say they need folding seats to replace their minivan im like WHAT??? View attachment 190942

Last edited:
Reactions: xkwizit
I would never want to replace those comfy pedestal seats, pano-windshied, falcon wing doors and auto open/close front doors in the X. To be honest every time I'm driving my S I wished it has all those "gimmicks" too. Really funny how I got annoyed now that I need to shut to door manually when I sit inside the car.
This morning my SO sat in my S and was waiting for the door to close by pressing the pedal..didn't happen..then she looked at the screen..what no door close buttons on the screen either..then she realized she was in a dinosaur :p