Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In times like these..full FSD would really have been usefull.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would have been a wonderful thing if we could warp into the future when FSD is all over. That way we could all stay home and have our Tesla's go out into the world where stores could place our purchases in our cars and then we could bring the car back home.

Anywhoo….

I'm really happy with where we are right now, however - full FSD would be nice right now.

I live in Illinois and I was shocked that our governor is so interested in automation that he wrote an Executive Order that endorses it almost 2 years ago. The description of Tesla's version of FSD isn't fully supported, however the discussion is off to a great start.

Executive Order 13 (2018) - Illinois.gov

I guarantee no one here will still have their Tesla when FSD is truly FSD.

You guarantee it huh. :)

It’s an aggressive goal, but FSD will very likely be in place by several companies within a year.
I suspect it won’t get regulatory approval for a while though. Without regulatory approval, we will have the functionality, but can’t sleep in the back seat while the car drives. :)

If that’s what you meant, then that’s definitely anyone’s guess.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
You guarantee it huh. :)

It’s an aggressive goal, but FSD will very likely be in place by several companies within a year.

Like Level 5 FSD?

Absolutely 0.00% chance of that this year from anybody.

The dedicated-robotaxi folks have still barely gotten level 4-with-a-human-watching working in one specific location heavily HD mapped.

I suspect it won’t get regulatory approval for a while though. Without regulatory approval, we will have the functionality, but can’t sleep in the back seat while the car drives. :)

If that’s what you meant, then that’s definitely anyone’s guess.

This is a huge, continuous, red herring.

Level 5 (if it existed) is ALREADY LEGAL in MULTIPLE US STATES. Requiring 0 further "approval"

Bunch of states have laws that basically say "Any system that can obey all the same laws as a human driver is fine to drive- right now- today"

Nobody's offering that because such a system does not exist.