Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In transit Inventory cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newby question if I may...

With Model 3 LR inventory stock marked as “in transit”, am I safe to assume those are MIC cars?

Also, does anyone know rough timings for when “in transit” inventor cars are likely to arrive?

Depends on what ship its on and whether it really is in transit or not. There will be a big push to get all cars delivered by the end of the quarter / end of June, but some cars for the quarter have already started to be delivered. So any time between now and end of June.

The hope is that quality isn’t ignored just to meet targets...

Shipping times from China (and previously USA) are such that all European cars are built at the start of the quarter then delivered at the end. I doubt there are any rushed builds - deliveries can often be pushed into the next quarter for some people - there's no chance of you getting a car delivered to you on June30th that was hastily shoved together on June 29th.

What you might get is a car delivered on June 30th with some minor problem that they will sort within a week or two so they can make quota.