Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In Vermont - How's the Tesla Mobile Service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks - My wife nd I live in East Burke, Vermont and are kicking our way through completing the order information for a Model 3. Can anyone comment on the availability and quality of the Tesla Mobile Service in Vermont, especially in the northern regions?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
. . . Burkey

Rob covers much of VT, but I'm not sure how big his territory is these days (I hear they have been adding techs for southern VT/NH). I believe he was originally covering parts of NY, all of VT, and much of NH. He is excellent. He has done several in and out of warranty repairs for me, and is prompt, friendly, and quick.

Mobile service can do pretty much anything that doesn't require a lift (battery, drive unit replacement, or major suspension work are all out) or changing fluids. That said, I'm still a little concerned (now that my main warranty is over) that something is lurking around the corner that he can't fix that will require an expensive tow to Peabody, or a day of my time to drive down and back. Right now I have an intermittent problem that feels like a bad ground connection. I'm going to try the easy stuff first (pull frunk liner and check/clean ground connections) before I schedule a repair.

In warranty, roadside assistance will cover the tow if the car is undriveable. I'm in that middle period, still under the 8 year drivetrain warranty, but with the main warranty expired. They will cover the tow for a drivetrain issue (such as a battery failure) but not a non-drivetrain issue (failed charger, screen, etc). If I can limp to the Park and Ride in New London NH (I89 exit 12), AAA+ should cover the tow (100 miles to Peabody service).

I had a HV battery problem last fall which required a replacement. They towed the car to Peabody (since it was an in-warranty drivetrain issue) but expected me to come pick it up when it was finished. I explained I lived 2.5hrs north, and had no real way to get there to pick it up during Covid. Eventually they agreed and paid for a return tow. The fact that I had $2k in paid service done while it was in there probably helped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koolio46
Rob covers much of VT, but I'm not sure how big his territory is these days (I hear they have been adding techs for southern VT/NH). I believe he was originally covering parts of NY, all of VT, and much of NH. He is excellent. He has done several in and out of warranty repairs for me, and is prompt, friendly, and quick.

Mobile service can do pretty much anything that doesn't require a lift (battery, drive unit replacement, or major suspension work are all out) or changing fluids. That said, I'm still a little concerned (now that my main warranty is over) that something is lurking around the corner that he can't fix that will require an expensive tow to Peabody, or a day of my time to drive down and back. Right now I have an intermittent problem that feels like a bad ground connection. I'm going to try the easy stuff first (pull frunk liner and check/clean ground connections) before I schedule a repair.

In warranty, roadside assistance will cover the tow if the car is undriveable. I'm in that middle period, still under the 8 year drivetrain warranty, but with the main warranty expired. They will cover the tow for a drivetrain issue (such as a battery failure) but not a non-drivetrain issue (failed charger, screen, etc). If I can limp to the Park and Ride in New London NH (I89 exit 12), AAA+ should cover the tow (100 miles to Peabody service).

I had a HV battery problem last fall which required a replacement. They towed the car to Peabody (since it was an in-warranty drivetrain issue) but expected me to come pick it up when it was finished. I explained I lived 2.5hrs north, and had no real way to get there to pick it up during Covid. Eventually they agreed and paid for a return tow. The fact that I had $2k in paid service done while it was in there probably helped.
Thanks for the reply and the advice. Greatly appreciated. Now just waiitng for the delivery date. Not looking forward to the 330 mile one way to Paramus but we'll manage. ;-)
. . . David

Is that a rental car for your initial pick up of a new Tesla? How is that arranged?
Tesla paid for the rental and had the reservation set up in my name. I just had to show up and show a valid license.
I drove the car to the Enterprise down the street from the delivery center, the manager from Enterprise drove me to Tesla.

As I had the rental car the night before I went online and added the renal car plate to my EZPass and just held my transponder to the window when I was at tolls.

It was a fairly easy process.

Reactions: MikeHawk