Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In Which Order? Brand new car...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke with a shop down here in Southern California (Orange County) I'm considering to use to perform paint correction, XPEL Ultimate, tint, etc.

He mentioned that it would be best if I had any electronics I may want to add (Radar detector, stereo, electronic PEZ dispenser, etc.) done first.

My problem is the car is being delivered to my home in Oregon, and I don't like the idea of driving that distance in an "unprotected" car.

Other than having the car "trailered" down I-5, is there anything I can do to protect the finish until the electronics get installed?

Last edited:
I spoke with a shop I'm considering to use to perform paint correction and apply XPEL Ultimate.

He said it's probably best if I have any electronics I'm thinking about installing done first… then bring the car into him.

The only problem for me is I'm having my car delivered to my home up in Oregon, and the guy I want to use is in Southern California. I don't really like the idea of driving an "unprotected" car that far.

If this is the case, then I guess I should choose a place up in Oregon (near Portland) to do the electronics, then drive down.

I would prefer to do it the other way, though, as I'd like Al & Ed's in Hollywood to do the electronics installation.

What would you do?

** Sorry, I feel like this question falls into the Twilight Zone "Nick of Time" episode with William Shatner
zt6pmf.jpg

Here's your answer....road wrap

http://www.buyroadwrap.com/

Just wrap it up, bring her down, and sit back and enjoy