Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inaccurate labelling on touchscreen map

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, this is a very minor issue but it's also annoying. Whenever I drive past a particular house in my town I notice that it is labelled as the Johnny Appleseed Information Center. I know the people who live there and they have nothing to do with Johnny Appleseed. In fact, the guy's home town is about 60 miles away. I'm tired of seeing this inaccuracy, but I think the fault lies with Google rather than Tesla. I'd like to get the label removed. Does anyone know who to contact (at either Tesla or Google) about this? I've had my M3 for 9 months and this has been my only issue, so I consider myself fortunate.

I think most or maybe all the business info on the maps is from google maps. You'll need a google account and be signed in. Open google maps on your browser (I'm not sure if this works on a phone), right click anywhere on the map, and look for the "report a data problem" option and follow that. It'll ask you to click on the location you want to report, so presumably you've got that area on the map handy. Then you have several options - you can report a name change, or that the place doesn't exist. Then report it. If you've never done this before your report will get reviewed and most likely ignored if no-one else has reported it, but after you do this a bunch they start trusting you.

Note that changes like this will get reflected on the online google maps fairly quickly, but won't get pushed to your car until the next map update, whenever that is.