Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inaccurate mileage in Charger > Places > superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else notice that the mileage on the Supercharger page can be very different to the same listing once you click on it to navigate to it?

I charged up today at a supercharger, enough to get me to the next one, and went to 150 miles, when it said the distance was 100 miles.

Then I clicked navigate and it changed to 195 miles!

Is there a way to refresh that screen to get accurate miles?

Anyone else notice that the mileage on the Supercharger page can be very different to the same listing once you click on it to navigate to it?

I charged up today at a supercharger, enough to get me to the next one, and went to 150 miles, when it said the distance was 100 miles.

Then I clicked navigate and it changed to 195 miles!

Is there a way to refresh that screen to get accurate miles?

That distance is an "as the crow flies" straight line distance. So while not helpful it's also not inaccurate.

rlang59 is right. The initial distance shown on the screen is straight line distance between two points. When you Navigate to it, it shows the route distance. You are not the first to be caught off guard by this.

I would prefer it not show the distance at all on that screen & just wait until the gps calculates it.

Alternately, I'd really prefer a map display like the LEAF provides, showing sort of a BINGO radius based on your current charge, and all the chargers within that radius. One advantage the MS would have is that you'd actually be able to make it to the edge of the circle instead of turtling out 5-10 miles or so too soon. :)