Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inaccurate reversing camera guide lines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there some way to calibrate the white guide lines that get displayed over the rear camera image whilst reversing? Mine seems a little off. Doing my weekly shop today, I parked pretty much dead centre in the bay by using the mirrors (ignoring the guides on-screen) and had my steering wheel straight and could see that the lines were showing me being a little to one side compared to the lines of the bay immediately behind.

Model 3 Reverse.png

My merc needed to be calibrated for steering wheel angle sensor and camera orientation, after I retrofitted it. There is a calibration function that uses a 'T' shaped target placed a specified distance from the car. This allows the computer to create a correction factor for camera variations. I assume that Tesla has an equivilent calibration procedure for it's front, side and rear cameras.
Best regards,
Alex

You can configure them to angle down automatically when in reverse. I have mine set up this way.

But - like a lot of other settings - I think it is set against the driver profile so if you are parked and adjust it whilst the "Easy Entry" profile is selected, it'll probably save it against that instead.

• Informative
Reactions: drewpost and Durzel
You can configure them to angle down automatically when in reverse. I have mine set up this way.

But - like a lot of other settings - I think it is set against the driver profile so if you are parked and adjust it whilst the "Easy Entry" profile is selected, it'll probably save it against that instead.

the mirror Tilt setting while in reverse never would save to the profile no matter I did so had to disable rather than adjust every time. Yes I had clicked the save button.

A few days ago, I scheduled a service appointment for this to see if anything could be done about it. As usual it offered me appointments etc. but as I'd hoped, it doesn't need anyone to physically look at the car. Mostly just wanted to register the problem.

Just for info in case anyone else has similar issues, here's the text message I've received in response:

"Remote diagnosis for your Tesla is now complete. Our technicians have found that there currently isn't a fix for this issue and have determined that an appointment is not necessary at this point in time. I have made a record of this issue on your car and hopefully a fix will come soon. Thank you, Tesla Service"