Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inactive air suspension or Coils

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be careful. I found out the hard way that making a joke about anything Tesla related can get you in trouble on TMC

I was being senior about the inactive suspension. I have a driveway that is a gutter curb at the vary start of it. About a 4 1/2" step up and I was not sure you could even use the lowering and razing feature. I also live in a vary snowy climate, so being able to adjust the hight even if I'm go 40 mph would be great to get though some high snow drifts.

Raising at any speed

I was being senior about the inactive suspension. I have a driveway that is a gutter curb at the vary start of it. About a 4 1/2" step up and I was not sure you could even use the lowering and razing feature. I also live in a vary snowy climate, so being able to adjust the hight even if I'm go 40 mph would be great to get though some high snow drifts.

Now THAT would be a nice feature - the ability to raise the car to a HIGHER height -regardless of speed - think of it as an override - trading in some EMPG for some peace of mind on a rough road, or high snow.

Yesterday I was 20+ miles beyond 'no winter maintenance' and found several 50 to 100 foot drift zones where a few 4x4 pickups had gone before. Stopped, walked thru the drift (you gotta!), then raised to EXTRA HIGH and launched thru. The Tesla quick launch gets you thru most of the drift before the air suspension has time to drop very much. The deepest drift (and a long one) was at almost 90* to the road, so I only had the width of the road to launch in since I had to hit it straight on. So that one was a 'drag strip' max launch, and it worked like a charm. Could not live without the air suspension!!
--