Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inappropriate slowing and navigation instruction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been following other discussion groups and saw a questioner asking if all Tesla cars exhibit the same phantom braking issues. I don't experience phantom braking but am not a heavy TACC or AES user. But, at the same place for the last two years I've experienced braking and an incorrect navigation direction. This might be the right place to ask if others experience what I do. This has happened every time (8-10 times) I've travelled this route over the last 20 months. I have always had navigation active. The location is Florida, I75 at mile marker 217 (Sarasota). While heading north on the I75 overpass crossing SR70, the car activates regenerative braking at the crest of the overpass. Heading south in the other lane, also at the crest of the overpass, the navigation system says to turn right on 53rd Ave. There is no exit there. Looking at a map, I see SR70 turns into 53rd Ave further west. Does this happen to anyone else? Sometimes I have TACC engaged but mostly do not due to heavier traffic in that area. I'm usually in one of the left two lanes. I've yet to make it through this location without it happening. Love the Model Y.

The location is Florida, I75 at mile marker 217 (Sarasota). While heading north on the I75 overpass crossing SR70, the car activates regenerative braking at the crest of the overpass. Heading south in the other lane, also at the crest of the overpass, the navigation system says to turn right on 53rd Ave. There is no exit there. Looking at a map, I see SR70 turns into 53rd Ave further west. Does this happen to anyone else?
Looking at that intersection on Apple Maps, it appears there was construction there recently? The satellite view does not line up with the map view. Perhaps the Tesla’s map is out of date and the car is getting confused?

That's a possibility. Although it has been going on since I got the car and I expect the maps have been updated a number of times. Your comment does make sense though. I was hoping to hear from someone else who has made that drive. I'd like to know if it is just my car or if it is a Tesla thing.