Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Incentives coming at the end of Q4 2019?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD price drop means NOTHING for average M3 buyer.
I have 3 friends who recently purchased M3 and they could care less about FSD.
FSD in big cities is useless.
FSD cant be sales point for M3.
Tesla will have to come with some better incentive in Q1 2020 if they want to keep selling M3 at fast rate

Reactions: SlimJim
Cars showing up now are 2020 so no reason to wait to get a 2020.

Prices increased middle of October so seems unlikely prices would drop on Jan 1st when rebate goes away.

Given the 2 points above I decided to pull the trigger now vs wait until 2020 which was my original plan.

Unfortunately I don’t think you will see anything by year end. Unlike last quarter they have been pumping out cars to export, they will hit their number and won’t need to promote anything more then the current federal rebate to get their. Last quarter there was lots of inventory available with slow sales since the rebate was cut and most people bought before July.

I would wait 2020 and buy car then. Even if its January 220.
No incentive is better then having newer year car.
Some people will say for Tesla cars year of sale does not matter.
That's big lie.
Even Tesla sells used cars based on year. Not to mention CarMax and others.
Everyone will ask u first what year is your car.
Newer car is worth more then any incentive Tesla offered in past

Only matters if you plan to sell or trade the car in the first 4-5 years or so. After that, the difference between, say, a 2012 and 2013 Model S right now is next to nothing.

People waiting for the next better, faster, cheaper Tesla, that is just around the corner, will never become an owner.

You can never buy the Tesla that is coming out in the future...only able to buy the one that is available today.

Tesal goal is to better their cars...aways, in all ways.

Unfortunately I don’t think you will see anything by year end. Unlike last quarter they have been pumping out cars to export, they will hit their number and won’t need to promote anything more then the current federal rebate to get their. Last quarter there was lots of inventory available with slow sales since the rebate was cut and most people bought before July.

Possibly true. Last quarter at this time was a 2 to 4 week wait- this quarter 5 to 9 week wait.

Is there a list of what previous incentives were? Did every end-of-quarter always have an incentive? Obviously I'm waiting to order but I'm hoping to get it by the end of the year for tax reasons, plus the final tax savings
I'm surprised there aren't any Q4 incentives yet. This past May, they upped the referral bonus from 1,000 miles to 5,000 miles of free supercharging as a Q2 incentive. The base referral bonus is not actually 1,000 miles, but is 400 kWh. On a Model 3, that 400 kWh credit can actually get you more like 1200-1600 miles down the road, depending on which model you get and how you like to drive. To figure out what that's worth, multiply 400 x the price you would pay for electricity at a Supercharger. In the US, the average is $0.28/kWh, so the base 1,000 mile SC credit is worth $112. Using the same math, the 5X bonus referral credit was worth $560. Not a lot for a $40K-$70K car, but better than nothing.

Also, the miles expire in 6 months, unless you yourself refer a Tesla sale, in which case the mileage credit is extended to 6 months from most recent referral sale (with a maximum of 36 months).

In Q3 of this year, they originally offered a 2X referral bonus (2,000 miles of free Supercharging) for buyer and referrer. But then there was a push to sell inventory cars that led to many folks being offered up to 2 free options or 2 years of free Supercharging if you took home an inventory car before October 1.

The $2K FSD offer was for a very brief period of time in early 2019, for those who had purchased EAP, but not FSD. It was a make-good on the price decrease in Q1 to make those who paid a higher price for the car in 2018 feel better, and to get FSD into more cars. But it pissed off buyers like me who actually pre-paid for FSD in 2018 at a much higher price. FSD is effectively a pre-order (and still is), so cutting the pre-order price of a feature for later buyers before the feature was actually delivered was kind of cheesy. They may do something like that again, though. Tesla isn't well known for having fair and consistent pricing policies over time.

IMHO, they have to discount FSD in order to sell it now. Once the car can *actually* drive itself, it will be worth the list price. But for now (with Enhanced Summon and Navigate on Autopilot), it's really just a gimmick... and a promise of more to come.

Yep. Last quarter tons of cars available and used cars too. This quarter, there have been zero. You have to order and wait. What incentives will they offer next quarter now that there will be no more tax incentive? Last time this happened they reduced the price to make up for the loss of tax incentives. They may not need to do that this time around

I'm surprised there aren't any Q4 incentives yet.

Why would they? You put money on the hood to move cars that otherwise aren't moving.

This isn't an issue - every single car they make, they're selling right now. Every one. Will that change after GF3 comes online? Who knows, but I think the timing to spin up Model Y dovetails into that nicely....

There won't be any excess production capacity for quite some time.

Why would they? You put money on the hood to move cars that otherwise aren't moving.

This isn't an issue - every single car they make, they're selling right now. Every one. Will that change after GF3 comes online? Who knows, but I think the timing to spin up Model Y dovetails into that nicely....
You may be right. I just did a quick inventory check near me, and in 5 or 6 other popular zip codes. Zero inventory Model 3s available. There are Xes and Ses but no Model 3s in inventory accoring to Tesla's inventory checker:

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

Reactions: dmurphy
You may be right. I just did a quick inventory check near me, and in 5 or 6 other popular zip codes. Zero inventory Model 3s available. There are Xes and Ses but no Model 3s in inventory accoring to Tesla's inventory checker:

yup, it’s been like that all quarter. I don’t have any insight really, but I suspect it’s going to be another blowout sales quarter.

Feels to me like they’re in a groove. And if the Model Y sells even half as well as I expect ..........

I ordered a Model 3 yesterday and they had some incoming inventory in the Chicago area . Luckily I wanted red because that’s all I could choose from. It should be here within a week which is great because I’m currently down a car. I ordered a LRAWD.

Reactions: MikeR55