TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Incidents of Tesla fires...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by IngTH, Feb 25, 2019.

1. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Actually it causes concern about why the first responders weren't able to break the window glass. In a crash, doors can get jammed and no amount of door handle design can prevent that. Did they not have the proper tools and/or training? The window glass isn't different in a Tesla.

2. StealthP3D

StealthP3D Active Member

Sometimes the gasoline catches fire before it can even be put in the car:

Bologna tanker truck fire:
    [​IMG]

3. Chaserr

Chaserr Member

You're the only person that knows if you speak german

4. IngTH

IngTH Member

ORPCE can confirm it!

• Like x 1
  5. 12Pack

12Pack ..

This is vehicle safety - just of a different sort
    Is that what they're telling you over there these days? Wonder why so many German cities are banning diesels, then. My German colleagues are anxiously trying to dump theirs, but no one is buying.

6. seattlite2004

seattlite2004 Member

"...The Shelburne Police Department tells Popular Mechanics that the owner of the vehicle took their Tesla onto the ice to go fishing, and that at some point during the expedition the car hit a rock. The car started making unusual noises, and shortly after that caught fire. No one was hurt..."

Tesla Model X Burned Up on Vermont's Lake Champlain

7. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

With all due respect Bruce, why does TMC continue to all the OP to spew their ignorance and obvious agenda which in turn creates the very kind of posts that you're warning against? It's a bit disingenuous to punish those who are being provoked without doing anything to the one doing the provoking...

Solution? Ban the OP and be done with it. No matter what anyone says here, that individual is going to continue to insist things that they can't support with facts which is going to continue to have people attack them... If you want to solve this problem, remove the problem which is the OP...

Respectfully,
    Jeff

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 2
  8. IngTH

IngTH Member

#88 IngTH, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    No, i guess you can't tell me anyone by name who died from NOx polluted air?

And if you think a Tesla doesn't provide regional indirect NOx or SO2 or other pollution you're wrong. But this OT.

9. IngTH

IngTH Member

Sure, this will help to prevent further deaths!;)

Man, what is your agenda? Saving Tesla from a maybe bigger recall?

I think you are clever enough to see that more and more pictures of burning Tesla S/X and reports of fire related fatalities in the media will damage the reputation of Tesla deeper than a recall which is forgotten by media in 3 months?

• Like x 1
  10. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

You're not here to prevent anything so just stop it. You're here to troll, spread false information, and generally disrupt the community to push your agenda. News flash, ALL CARS FROM ALL BRANDS HAVE AND WILL CATCH ON FIRE. There is NOTHING about a Tesla that makes it any less safe than ANY other car on the road.

This entire thread is a sham and you should be banned for starting it, and continually refueling it. This is a core problem that I have with TMC and why I've seriously backed off posting here, it encourages people like you while punishing those who have the temerity to put you back in your place which is in the corner with the rest of the trolls.

Jeff

• Like x 1
  11. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

OP - question for you.

In all of the Tesla deaths that have happened above 75mph, would you have survived had you been in a gas car?

12. Droschke

Droschke Member

Especially in a Renault ZOE or a Leaf ;)

13. IngTH

IngTH Member

A. Which false information? Maybe you didn't understand some of my information? Just ask me!
    B. Noone (except OPRCE in a private conversation) asked up to now, which means could be taken in order to prevent further fires.
    C. Again, what is Your agenda?

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  14. IngTH

IngTH Member

#94 IngTH, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Noone knows the exact speed of impact. Relating to the Davie impact: Yes, at a probability of >90% Omar would have survived in another luxury sedan! At least he would not have been burnt!

As maybe you know, the model S has just a NCAP passenger protection rate of 82, which is much lower than most german compact cars:

Offizielle Sicherheitsbewertung Tesla Model S 2014

• Like x 1
  15. Electroman

Never mind I am wasting my time.

16. seattlite2004

seattlite2004 Member

17. 12Pack

12Pack ..

Guys, seems to me OP is on a troll to create a “Tesla’s catch fire” meme. Nothing he has said is actually supported by by data and as someone in the business, most of what he has said is actually rather silly. Suggest we let this thread die.

• Like x 4
  18. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Member

Same rating as an Audi A3 etron Offizielle Sicherheitsbewertung Audi A3 Sportback e-tron 2014

Also there were many changes since that rating.
    From link below.
    "In 2013, two extremely unusual Model S collisions resulted in underbody damage that led to car fires. These incidents, unfortunately, received more national headlines than the other 200,000 gasoline car fires that happened last year in North America alone"
    Tesla Adds Titanium Underbody Shield and Aluminum Deflector Plates to Model S

High Speed breaks batteries & can cause fire, duh!
    High Speed will also Start a Fire on Internal Combustion (200,000 a Year), also duh!

• Like x 1
  19. SO16

SO16 Member

Did anyone see a headline about this one? Watch at 4:17

20. Electroman

Please tweet Lora or Dana. They are the auto fire experts. They will immediately jump on it and do a fair investigative reporting.

• Funny x 1