Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Included in Full Self Driving?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a theory... When they started producing the MY, this CV-19 pandemic was ramping up, shut downs were happening, and I think there were supply chain issues, so they installed HW 2.5 whenever needed to build a non-FSD order. There are also reports of LR AWD builds being equipped with the performance motor, as evidenced by the VIN number, which also points towards parts shortages and using whatever they had to build more cars to meet demand and end of Q numbers.

That is certainly plausible.

Well technically FSD was on my order while they were building my car so it should have HW3. If it doesn't then I am sure they will upgrade it after I purchase FSD. I guess 100% worst case scenario I will just return the car and repurchase with FSD.

I ordered the Y with FSD. At delivery I asked how much I could put on my credit card and they said none. So I asked them to remove the FSD from the car. Took them less than a minute to remove it from the purchase order and adjusted the price.

When I got home I went in the app and upgraded. Easy process.

Side note. Since FSD cost is not included in the MSRP of the car it might lower your excise tax on the license tab for the car.
Right, I did same thing and I also paid a lower registration cost on the car in Nevada because it was based on the initial price of the car. And I got 2% reward back on the credit card.

Maine - we get charged a yearly tax based on the msrp of the vehicle. It decreases yearly for about 5 years and then remains constant for the life of the vehicle even upon resale. It goes to the local municipality budget, I believe.
Wow.... Vehicle purchase taxes are such a scam. Especially on used cards bought and sold in the same state, basically the state collecting tax on the same product multiple times.

Reactions: Reborn
Just check with your insurance before you do this. If you end up totaling the car and FSD was not part of original purchase, but an add on, does your insurance cover FSD too? Make sure, do not assume. FSD is not transferable, it will stay with the car.

Yes they cover add ons, you just have to tell them...it will prob increase the premiums though.

You may want to consider adding 8k FSD to price of vehicle, you may pay more registration fees but if your writing car off for business, and depending on your tax brackets, you may save a lot more buying it with car saving you Fed and State income Tax.