Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Incompatible drive system software detected [Salvage vehicle]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other day the left side of my car was the only thing working. I found that my battery was dead (6v) so I swapped it out for a new one. When I put on the battery leads I heard a pop and now nothing inside the car works. I’m getting 10v to the left and right controllers and only 5v to the rear dc/dc converter terminals of the car. Any idea what this may be? Fuses? Maybe a bad front controller? And what should the voltages be to the left and right controllers and the dc/dc converter Terminals?

9984E4CA-F1D6-4F4D-BBCC-F759ED46775F.jpeg
C88AC725-2835-4B29-9B2B-C06F893DC6A0.jpeg

Seem to be getting these errors after replacing the left and right body controllers. Car is completely lifeless besides the button in the fronk. What’s my next step?

So I purchased a salvage car that was in a minor flood from an auction. It needed 2 new body controllers (which I replaced) to get it back up and going again. I went over the entire car and everything was good and safe for it to run (no water in battery or anything else), but the only way it would run was to take it to Tesla. They are the only ones that could program to body controllers. When I got it there they had said that they will not work on the car because of the water and that it need to go to a body shop! All they have to do is install an update for me, which now I’m wondering if they will even do. Has anyone ever gone through this?

Attachments

• B3836873-39ED-4716-B614-05E40E75A7AE.jpeg
    B3836873-39ED-4716-B614-05E40E75A7AE.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 83
So I purchased a salvage car that was in a minor flood from an auction. It needed 2 new body controllers (which I replaced) to get it back up and going again. I went over the entire car and everything was good and safe for it to run (no water in battery or anything else), but the only way it would run was to take it to Tesla. They are the only ones that could program to body controllers. When I got it there they had said that they will not work on the car because of the water and that it need to go to a body shop! All they have to do is install an update for me, which now I’m wondering if they will even do. Has anyone ever gone through this?
You may be able to purchase the service tools from tesla repair website but it can be expensive. The tools box 3 software package

You may be able to purchase the service tools from tesla repair website but it can be expensive. The tools box 3 software package

hi how did u resolve this issue at the end?