Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

incompatible mounting solution for your roof type"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received an email from Tesla Solar and they said "incompatible mounting solution for your roof type"
I have what I assume is a very standard tile roof see images.
Has anyone dealt with this issue?

Thanks
IMG_8330.jpg

I dont think teslas standard racking system works on them, and tesla will not use anything other than their standard racking system. I dont understand the question "has anyone dealt with this issue?" though. What do you mean by that?

If you mean "Can I force tesla to install on this roof?" the answer is "no". If you mean "Can I get solar on this roof?" the answer is "yes, from someone other than tesla who is willing to to use rack / installation techniques that will work with those fragile tiles.

Reactions: Vines
I have what I assume is a very standard tile roof see images.
Your roof is not standard, It is a hybrid of S tiles transitioning to a flat roof. The flat roof is not flashed at the transition to the stucco stub wall. The drain is not flush with the roof, which will result in ponding. Most roofers would not touch that situation without a complete redo of the flashing, a new roof membrane and reconfiguring the drain. I used to live in a beach community where flat roofs were very common because of density and height issues. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.