Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

incomplete dowload

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
most recent update 2022.20.5 starts to download, gets to 50% and then stops. on my phone app it has the circle ofdoom next to the software update line, with the percentage stuck at 50%.
I tried to reboot the system, then powered off but always returns to the same spot.
Any ideas how to stop this?

Mine got stuck at 50% for about nine hours updating 2022.16.3. Then continued just fine and got the notification it was ready to install. As long as you can see it’s connected to wifi I’d say be patient and give it some time. From what I’ve read, most stuck cases end up resolving themselves and updating just fine.

Reactions: Morak
This "patience" thing seems to work. Update sprung back to life again. I'll have to try it more often 😜
For everyone who has a stuck download you don't necessarily need to practice patience. When you feel you've waited long enough simply schedule service via your app and explain the stuck download. You won't need to go to the appointment (in most cases) because when they review your case remotely they will push a new update and then cancel the appointment.

I had the same problem since 1-2 days ago..it finally cleared up and went past 50% today and the app/car said “do you want schedule the update” I did it tonight and it’s all good. I feel like it’s just like Apple iOS software how if there is something so new and everyone is trying to get it, it’s not able to handle the load all at once.

Reactions: DrChaos