Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Incomplete thoughts in this article about Cybertruck Safety

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yet another example of how people are thinking with a current mindset vs. a future mindset. In this article they are worried about hitting pedestrians and bikes. How about the technology layer on top of this vehicle that will be second to none as far as pro-active safety? This is the same logic of why we "still" need side mirrors when we have high-def/wide-angle cameras on these vehicles.

I looked for the vid, but at one time Musk described the ability to see in the future as a topology map. He pointed out there are very few people that would be the size of tall buildings. Most people would not be able to see because they were so low to the ground (metaphorically speaking). I can only imagine how lonely it can be in a place where you are seeing things from a tall building perspective and no one else can.

People need to look at the total solution and then re-think about the rules that need to be around these future vehicles. None of these points were pointed out by Mr. Goodwin. Probably because he is stuck so close to the ground. Sigh.

Tesla Cybertruck’s Edgy Design Is A Risk To Pedestrians

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Yet another example of how people are thinking with a current mindset vs. a future mindset. In this article they are worried about hitting pedestrians and bikes. How about the technology layer on top of this vehicle that will be second to none as far as pro-active safety? This is the same logic of why we "still" need side mirrors when we have high-def/wide-angle cameras on these vehicles.

I looked for the vid, but at one time Musk described the ability to see in the future as a topology map. He pointed out there are very few people that would be the size of tall buildings. Most people would not be able to see because they were so low to the ground (metaphorically speaking). I can only imagine how lonely it can be in a place where you are seeing things from a tall building perspective and no one else can.

People need to look at the total solution and then re-think about the rules that need to be around these future vehicles. None of these points were pointed out by Mr. Goodwin. Probably because he is stuck so close to the ground. Sigh.

Tesla Cybertruck’s Edgy Design Is A Risk To Pedestrians

cameras in winter aren't so great. unless you've broken off your mirror, it always works.

I'd have to search through my old posts, but I remember a snow day where traffic was snarled and we were just crawling along. I think it was a Model X driver. We'd stop, he would get out, go to the back
of the car, wipe off the camera, get back in. This was repeated. I'm thinking... wtf is wrong that he has to do that?

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
cameras in winter aren't so great. unless you've broken off your mirror, it always works.

I'd have to search through my old posts, but I remember a snow day where traffic was snarled and we were just crawling along. I think it was a Model X driver. We'd stop, he would get out, go to the back
of the car, wipe off the camera, get back in. This was repeated. I'm thinking... wtf is wrong that he has to do that?

So heaters on the cameras? Mirrors get snow on them as well. We are in iteration 1.0 of all of this. Just like the Cyber truck has the first camera rear view camera "mirror". Takes time and iterations to evolve. But point made....right now, maybe they are not ready. I still think 10 years from now side mirrors will be a thing of the past.