TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

inconsequential Nitpick of What's New link

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by DrumCoder, May 22, 2015.

1. DrumCoder

DrumCoder Member

I use the "What's New" link to see new threads, and I noticed that it excludes the regional forums, however it missed some of the newer ones in it's exclude list: California Supercharger Locations (148) and Mountain/Southwest Supercharger (155) specifically. I figure if you're trying to keep it general and non-region specific, you might want to add those two numbers to the list.

I say it's inconsequential to me because I'm most likely gonna make my own exclude list where I bring back the Southeast forum and get rid of the Roadster ones. (No offense to Roadster drivers, but I'd hate to reply to something in there thinking it's talking about a Model S...)

As someone who has spent many years running online communities, trust me, you guys do a great job here. Thanks for having me.

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

There's a "New Posts" link that doesn't exclude those forums.

You can also subscribe to the forums you want to track, after which a "Subscribed Form" link appears.

3. TES-E

TES-E Member

Another option..., select 'Quick Links'. In the drop down, select 'Today's Posts'. It will give you all posts in the last 24 hours, regardless of which forum it was posted in. It's all I ever use.

4. DrumCoder

DrumCoder Member

I knew my nitpick was inconsequential. :)

It's been quite a while since I've used vBulletin, didn't know about the subscribed forums trick. Thanks!

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

As a long-time and regular user of "New Posts", thanks for leaving it unfiltered.