Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inconsistent Data from PowerWall Downloads Starting in August 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my PowerWalls (2) for almost two years now. Every day, I have downloaded the previous day's data using my phone to e-mail the CSV file to myself. This has worked fine until about a month ago, when I started getting data files that were incomplete. It seems to have happened about the same time as Tesla "updated" their app. I also noted that now I get the PowerWall state of charge (every 15 minutes, instead of 5 minutes like the other data). But the data is useless if I only get half days.

Has anyone else noted this problem? Finally, I keep asking Tesla but they don't care to do it, so does someone have a work-around to automate this data collection so daily data is e-mailed to you?

R. Davenport
Oceanside, CA

Thanks for the replies, and the simple solution. I have to say I'm not impressed with their software developers if they can't figure out that when you look at a previous day's data (or download it), you would want to see (have) the entire day. I wish there were some way to get through to them and express this simple fact.