Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Incorrect model graphic showing in app and car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but after a quick search, I haven't come across anything.
Anyway, I picked up my new Model 3 LR on 28th Sept and love it, but I've noticed something odd, on the both the screen in the car and the app the model shown on the animation graphic is the old model 3 - with chrome trim and the old style aero's, yet on the charging menu in the car (where it show the battery graphic with the wheels) it has the correct aero wheels graphic.

is there any settings to change to correct this or is it just how it is?

TIA

Reactions: CAM3RON
It’s def 2021? Double lam glass, wireless charging, electric trunk, heated steering..
Could it have sat around in Fremont for a bit, pulled from the line for re-work, or a testing model. 3-6 months on, trim replaced & pushed back onto the line. See if you can pull dates from any of the plates or parts?

Upvote 0
It’s def 2021? Double lam glass, wireless charging, electric trunk, heated steering..
Could it have sat around in Fremont for a bit, pulled from the line for re-work, or a testing model. 3-6 months on, trim replaced & pushed back onto the line. See if you can pull dates from any of the plates or parts?
Yes, its definitely a 2021 model, from China - can confirm with the VIN.

Upvote 0