Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Increase volume on an iPad video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you mean by "did a video of the modelxmas on my iPad"?

Are you trying to play a video off the Internet? Did you record the video of *your* Model X playing the easter egg? Are you running iMovie on the iPad using video clips that you downloaded from the Internet?

If I had to guess at what you're really asking here, you had your Model X playing the easter egg and you were standing back from it recording video of the action. If this is the case, I would suspect that this is working as designed. Built-in mics are notoriously bad at picking up sound, especially in outdoor situations. For best sound, you should probably have a remote mic plugged into the mic jack. Other than re-recording with a mic closer to the car speakers, I'm pretty sure you could load the video into iMovie on the iPad and then boost the sound level. You may not be too happy with the results since this will also cost the background noise.

What do you mean by "did a video of the modelxmas on my iPad"?

Are you trying to play a video off the Internet? Did you record the video of *your* Model X playing the easter egg? Are you running iMovie on the iPad using video clips that you downloaded from the Internet?

If I had to guess at what you're really asking here, you had your Model X playing the easter egg and you were standing back from it recording video of the action. If this is the case, I would suspect that this is working as designed. Built-in mics are notoriously bad at picking up sound, especially in outdoor situations. For best sound, you should probably have a remote mic plugged into the mic jack. Other than re-recording with a mic closer to the car speakers, I'm pretty sure you could load the video into iMovie on the iPad and then boost the sound level. You may not be too happy with the results since this will also cost the background noise.
Yes, above is what I did and unfortunately the music is very soft.

You can download iMovie for iOS for $4.99 or iMovie for macOS for $14.99 (or free if you've purchased a Mac within the last ~5 years and tied that license to your AppleID). There are other movie editors available, but these are the ones that I'm familiar with.

A screen shot from the iPhone running iMovie is included. I created a new iMovie project on the phone, added a video clip from my camera roll to the project, selected the clip at the bottom of the screen, then selected the little speaker icon along the bottom to adjust the volume on the video clip. The default value for the volume was 100%. In the screenshot below, I slid that over to 261% volume. After you've made the volume adjustment, you can then export the video back to your camera roll, which will include the boosted audio.

Again, it's best to have a good sound recording from the start, but this may allow you to salvage the video you have recorded.

IMG_1347.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: SpiceWare