Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Increased Car Prices and $12k FSD...Just Insanity!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Typical "NOA & FSD" drive to Kaiser hospital, then out to dinner. First on freeways, then complex route through central San Leandro, including some narrow streets, giving proper clearance to pedestrians and flawless slowing for speed bumps. One override that I forced where the car was going to enter a freeway. But that turns out to have been a valid way to get to destination, so really 0 problems, all the way on FSD.

The most amazing segment was driving down a small one way single lane alley, with parked cars on the side, from Bancroft Ave to get to the Vallarta Restaurant on East 14th. Strange, but I let it do it. It came to a closed iron gate at the end of the alley, and I thought we were stuck and would have to back out. But the gate slid open and the car (like a local) pulled up in the parking lot in front of the restaurant and announced "your destination is on the right". I really can't fathom why some people report poor performance.

See the sliding gate near the restaurant? I guess it's in the map data.

We were laughing hysterically when the gate opened. Even the wife is relaxed with "FSD" these days.

Last edited:
It's explicitly beta. Meaning you need to learn how and when to disengage it proactively. Not wait for something to go seriously wrong.

The problem is that the average driver is not trained to handle all unexpected scenarios, and split-second decisions by the driver would only work if he is not testing the system's limits and is in complete control of the car with full attention as the scene plays out. If anyone thinks they figured things out, I can assure you will be surprised one day, just like I was when FSD was about to make an unexpected left turn. If lucky, you will live another day to tell the story! Just be safe everyone👍

The most amazing segment was driving down a small one way single lane alley, with parked cars on the side, from Bancroft Ave to get to the Vallarta Restaurant on East 14th. Strange, but I let it do it. It came to a closed iron gate at the end of the alley, and I thought we were stuck and would have to back out. But the gate slid open and the car (like a local) pulled up in the parking lot in front of the restaurant and announced "your destination is on the right". I really can't fathom why some people report poor performance.
Some apparently are bothered when they have to intervene when FSD does small things like crosses over double yellow lines INTO oncoming traffic:

or cross double yellow lines to go AROUND a school bus that has flashing red lights while children are onboarding the bus...small things like that. Then they whine like babies and use the button to report the poor performance.

Pansies.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: terranx
Some apparently are bothered when they have to intervene when FSD does small things like crosses over double yellow lines INTO oncoming traffic:

or cross double yellow lines to go AROUND a school bus that has flashing red lights while children are onboarding the bus...small things like that. Then they whine like babies and use the button to report the poor performance.

Pansies.
Do you have anything to contribute other then pot stirring forum tough guy? Is your life so boring that this is what you do to make yourself feel good? Find a life.

• Disagree
Reactions: COS Blue