Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Increased Range MY - 2020.36.12

Shall25

Aug 23, 2020
Utah
New owner here (one week into owning MY LR AWD). Just updated to the latest 2020.36.12 last night and noticed on my Tesla App that my range is now showing 331 instead of the previous 316. Does this happen with updates often? I don't see anything in the release notes that would indicate being the reason for the increase.

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
It happens sometimes with my model 3. Think a few updates ago, I gained 12 miles with an update, but then it went away after a few weeks

teknoprep

Jan 19, 2019
Florida
New owner here (one week into owning MY LR AWD). Just updated to the latest 2020.36.12 last night and noticed on my Tesla App that my range is now showing 331 instead of the previous 316. Does this happen with updates often? I don't see anything in the release notes that would indicate being the reason for the increase.

Can you take a screenshot?

I believe you’re looking at your odometer and not your range.

Ruffles

Jun 13, 2017
Snohomish WA
I got 2020.36.12 yesterday and while I didn't notice a miles increase (since I have my car set to %), I did try smart summon today and it was VASTLY better than in the past. It actually drove like a human.

Reactions: DanDi58

Callahan27

Aug 9, 2020
Cleveland
Panasonic said a 5% more energy dense cell was going into production in September. Not sure how we will see it or it will just show up as more range. Not saying the OP has them but they are supposed to be coming

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC